ZBrushCentral

Laurie's sketchbook

asecbrush: Thanks for the positive feedback.

zber2: That’s so cool, was just freestyle sculpting this had’nt seen that as reference, but will try to use some elements as reference. Thanks for the inspiration.

Just about to have a play with the new R2B version, can’t wait.

Quick Fibremesh test.
ZBrush-Document_hair-test.jpg

The new Fibremesh tools helped pull this character together.
Going to move onto a new sculpt now. Rendered in Zbrush and comped in Photoshop.
Let me know what you think of this fellow…

ZBrush-Document_to_comp1_flat.jpg

My OCD has seen that there is too much shadow under the nose so I have updated.

Excellent! … I love that style of sweeping the hair over to cover up the baldness, next step is combing back the eyebrows! :lol: Cheers, David :smiley:

Hey David,

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree the sweeping the hair over into comb over adds character to the sculpt. Playing with Fibremesh to try to get those eyebrows right.
Anyone got any good tips on eyebrows or eyelashes using Fibremesh???

Cheers

Looking great! Well done!

Here is a WIP I am currently working on. Critique & comment welcome.

ZBrush-Document_progress.jpg

PS Thanks asecbrush for the comment on my previous sculpt.

Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on m current sculpt WIP.

Thanks

ZBrush-Document2.jpg

Another angle.

ZBrush-Document4.jpg

Current WIP.
Going to try to add some Fibremesh eye brows and lashes. Any tips or tutorials on this would be great if you know of any.

ZBrush-Document_72.jpg
ZBrush-Document_72_front.jpg

Amazing sculpt, really first rate! I really love the side view! I wish I could help you with the eye brows and lashes but I am still feeling my way around with fiber mesh. :confused:

Cheers, David :smiley:

Thanks David.

I’ll let you know if I find a good workflow for eyebrows/lashes.

That’s an excellent character laurie. Great job, Kudos. Sorry I haven’t started looking at the fibermesh yet. Good luck.

Ezra

Added some eyebrows with Fibremesh. Making eyelashes with Fibremesh was pretty unsuccessful for me.
Anyway here’s where I am at so far…

ZBrush-Document_77.jpg

Sorry to be OCD but just a quick addition, with some lens blur and some sharpening.

ZBrush-Document_77-copy-sharpened.jpg

Added some pupils.

Putting this sculpt to bed now time to move on. I hope you like.

ZBrush-Document_77-copy-sharpened_2.jpg

Amazing detail on the skin and Great Overall forms and Good proportions!:+1:
Fantastic Job mate you can definently pit this sculpting to an end! Really Great mate!
Looking forward seeing more sculpts from you!
Cheers,
Kenny :slight_smile:

Hey Kenny,

thanks for the positive feedback.

I’m going to try to focus on some more speed sculpting to help develop the time I take to turn ideas into sculpts. Still trying to train my eyes to be able to see anatomy in the reference and adapt and develop it on my sculpting.

Cheers.

Latest sculpt progress. Really trying to focus on facial anatomy so any critique or advice would be great.

Cheers

ZBrush-Document1.jpg

ZBrush-Document2.jpg