ZBrushCentral

Laurie's sketchbook

figure_thumb.jpg

Attachments

figure_study.jpg

I really dig the bronze female sculpt, reminds me of the one in the psychologist’s office in Sopranos…the ear is a bit too realistic for my taste…:confused:

Thanks for the feedback.

I have uploaded a turntable of that bronze female sculpt at:-

http://www.maneuver.co.uk/images/figure_sculpt_turntable_web.mov (1.1mb)

Check it out.

very Cool turntable I like it:+1:
but mybe smoth out the stateu a litel
great poseing by the way

check out my torso work at http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=150305

figure_thumb.jpg

Attachments

Figure_sculpt_smoothed.jpg

i find it looks alot betters this way and i like the turntable. very nice

thanks for the comment on my model i have a girl model but im not showing it untel the head is done

i like your sculpts:+1:

[hand_thumb.jpg]Long_hand.jpg

Attachments

Hand_front.jpg

This is still in progress.

Would be great to get some critique and feedback on it.

Thanks

face.jpg

Attachments

face_thumb.jpg

very nice haed model sorry for not ansering you on the hand model i did not see the post

but as for the hand model very nicey done but some flaws like on the palm of the hand

the lines of the palm is very off but great modeling:+1: :+1:

Cool thanks for the feed back.

Much appreciated.

15_05_lights.jpg

Check it out.

Thanks.

Attachments

face_thumb.jpg

I gotta say the pose and the interaction here are certainly stomach turning. Makes me feel it in my own ear. Yes, the sculpting and anatomy needs work, but the pose you went with is really working!

Hey Chris

Thanks for the feedback.

When you say the sculpting needs work, could you give me some details on what and how you think this could be developed further.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Sure, So the ear is right next to the head. Normally there’s some gap between the Helix of the ear and the skull. On the eye, the canthus will need to be over top of the lower lid, the reverse of what you’ve got now. In general, the facing charater’s jaw is oddly large and square for the proportions of the head. Part of what will help this look better proportioned is to fill out the masseter and the temporalis muscles which are used for closing the jaw. When straining, the sternocleidomastoid would be very prominent.

On the head at screen right (the back facing head), we’re looking at the nuchal region here. This lacks development in general on yours. You want to indicate where the trapezius connects to the nuchal crest and also the occipitalis muscle up above that. Then you want to build the stretch and compression folds of the skin more specifically up on top of that anatomy. Desgin-wise, watch the tangents. His right side trap lays right next to the edge of the image. Try to get some distance there or move the characters to the left a bit.

For the sculpting in general, the wrinkles need to have a narrow end that widens out to a thicker end. Take a close look at wrinkles and folds in general.

Most of this stuff is out there on google if you’re looking for image reference to go with these muscles and eye parts.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for that feedback.
The specificity was great.
You clearly know your stuff.

I have just looked at your site, great work, really impressed.

Thanks again.

Just a sculpt to a couple of hours.

Anatomy and proportions need work.

But really enjoy the sculpting and exploration. Having a stronger grasp of anatomy would really help.

Any good ideas on how to develop these skills and feedback on the sculpt would be appreciated.

Attachments

Screen-shot-2011-11-05-at-11.56.jpg

bpr_2.jpg

hay laurie i like how your last peice is comeing along
you ask for help in anatomy well this is one of the best books i have come a
cross
sculpting Human Anatomy By scott spencer
really awsome book very detailed

Keep up the good work bro

Thanks for the tip and the positive feedback mate.

I check it out.

ZBrush-Document_5.jpg

My latest sculpt. I learn so much every time I sculpt, but also realise how much I don’t know…yet :slight_smile:

Feedback and direction on the sculpt and its presentation always welcome.

Thanks

render05_blur.jpg

Attachments

render05_blur.jpg