ZBrushCentral

Lalique Serpents Corsage

Hi all! This is design I was sculpting during my latest six ZBrush Live streamings “René Lalique Serpents Corsage”

This corsage ornament is one of the paradigms of René Lalique’s jewellery production, not only for the mastery of its execution, as for the theme chosen. Reptiles were a source of inspiration to which Lalique returned throughout his life not only for jewellery, but also for his glass, bronzes, etc.
The corsage ornament is made up of nine serpents entwined to form a knot from which the bodies of the other eight fall in a cascade, the ninth rising in the centre, at the top of the jewel. The reptiles, in the attack position, have their mouths open from which strings of pearls were hung as was apparently the case with a similar corsage ornament (the whereabouts of which are unknown), which was highlighted at the 1900 Paris Exposition and reproduced in a publication of the period.

This design was acquired by Calouste Gulbenkian directly from Rene Lalique in 1908. It now resides in Lisbon’s Museu Calouste Gulbenkian (Lisbon) with over 100 works of René Lalique collected by Gulbenkian in his lifetime.

(Text taken from Calouste Gulbenkian Museum webpage)

This is on of my favourites creations from Lalique, and I wanted to use it as a challenge to be developed for my latest streamings, it was fun to sculpt it and I couldn’t stop to be amazed about its dificulty. I hope I’ll be able to visit the museum soon to be able to admire the real piece

Thanks to all of you who attended to the different live broadcastings , here I attach them if you are interested

Keyshot renders:

ZBrush BPR renders:

Video links, sorted by date , oldest to newest :

5 Likes

I regularly follow your videos, sir. You do amazing work. :+1:

Thank you very much I really appreciate it

More renders…

1 Like

1 Like

GIVEAWAY!! Lalique’s Serpents Band Ring,
Download a ready for 3d printing design based on the famous Serpents Corsage from René Lalique, and also the whole Keyshot package with scene setup and multi material presets!!
You’ll find it on my Artstation store:
https://www.artstation.com/a/36671639

1 Like

Some WIP images I took during the streamings :sunglasses: