ZBrushCentral

Lady of Naga

Thanks for sharing. It looks gorgeous!

@abhi_down:
Thank you. Quite excited as the piece’s been books for 2 shows consecutively. Will post some more when the exhibition date arrive as well.

@jempix:
Thank you.

@esotareq:
Glad you like my brief process break down.

@starcruze:
Right, I guess it does fit with this year’s Chinese sign.

@mutte696:
Thanks! I ended up doing 3 prints on this models, using various technologies and printers as stated earlier. These experiments with various mediums/prints would also serve as the foundation for my future Bronze/Metal works.

@Victor22:
Thank you, we wanted the creature to be kind and warm, the one you would feel safe being with. Glad you like the result.

@Dlangley:
You are most welcome, and glad I could share with fellow zbrushers here.

@daddymack:
Thank you, it means a lot to me for your comment. I think the worlds of digi and traditional are inching in closer bit by bit. :smiley:

@Frenchy Pilou:
Thank you :smiley: Hope it’s useful for others as well.

@mital:
Thx you!

@digitalmind:
Thank you. Glad you like the sculpture. It took me quite sometime from start to finish. Am I glad to see others checking out my work.

@rudymassar:
You are most welcome. Glad you like it***8230; BTW, your KISS rocks!

Also
It’s worth to note that during the process of sculpting the piece, I utilized reference made by AnatomyTools.com (This one in particular http://anatomytools.com/products/anatomy/fig-female1a) And must also thank my master, Alex Oliver for teaching me the basics of Anatomy. The Wacom Tablets were also sponsored by Sapura Marketing Thailand.

Thanks ever so much for sharing the process, its so very interesting to see something digital become solid and how it came about. Congratulations on your hard work as the sculpt is beautiful and the very end result is outstanding and truly shows your attention to detail. Awesome :slight_smile:
Arran

Beautiful work !!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

@AgoArran J Lewis:
Glad you like what I have posted here. When I started out I was reading through ZBrushCentral trying to find printing solutions as well. And the forum’s a great resource (Sometimes has hidden gems/knowledge that I could use to apply to my projects) as one can learn from and pass on information. Again, thank you for stopping by!

@tokio:
Khob Khun Mak kub. Glad you like my interpretation of the age-old legendary creature. There will be 12 more pieces to come with similar technique but larger (At 1:3 scale). I’d love to also invite you to come check the piece out in real life as my piece will be at the exhibition for about 2 weeks (In February or so) long and has already been booked for another exhibition shortly after. (Both Art exhibitions will be held in Bangkok though)

You really did an amazing work!
I’m very thankful you shared your process here!

@Aeze
Glad you like it there. Hope you will like the rest of the series as well!

Fantastic work on the Lady of Naga.
Great sculpt and great motion!
:+1:

Great work and breakdown, congrat !

Unbelievably awesome and no mistake about it. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Outstanding piece of work man, just the sort I have hoped to see coming from this forum. Everything down to the final patina is makes me wish I had done this.

Regards

Fantastic work!!!

just saw this thread , great job, and beautiful patina it’s not easy to get a good patina.

Holy crap!!! Man! That’s amazing!! Outstanding work! Congrats. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

nice!!

Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for the official letter from SPECTRUM to arrive as the piece “Lady of Naga” has been chosen to be included in this Fantastic Art Book #19. Again thank you all for your kind comments! Here’s the top part of the letter!

submit.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@KC-Production:
Thank you very much. Really glad you like this piece.

@ajkjk:
Thanks. I thought people might like a quick run down on the Bronze making. Glad you like it.

@Wetterschneider:
You are very welcome. I must thank you for visiting this thread!

@johndavidgrimes:
Thank you very much. Indeed, ZBrush is also a great tool for testing out Patina before the actual coloring of the Bronze begin.

@infestedivy:
Thx you! Pleased to know that you like this work of mine.

@slord:
Thank you. The Patina work’s quite a fun process by itself. Really fun doing this project.

@VictorHD:
Thank you so much for your kind words. Really happy you like it.

@dongzi:
Thank you!

Attachments

submit.jpg

Fantastic work man! And very well deserved!
Congrats :wink:

Congrats man

Way to go SNAKE!!! well deserved.

Lady of Naga is done very well. The spiral that the creature creates makes the sculpture interesting from different angels plus it compliments the rhythm in the female figure. Good design well deserved Spectrum award :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work

best,
R