ZBrushCentral

La Mort de Priam

Hi y’all, this is my first BIG personal project!! The original painting La Mort de Priam is painted by the famous French painter Jules Joseph Lefebvre. The characters were modelled from scratch in Zbrush and retopoed in the very software. The clothes were initially created in Marvelous Designer and then transferred into Zbrush for further development of details. All characters and props were textured in Mari and Substance Painter and ultimately rendered in Maya using Arnold. And the hair was made using Xgen.
I really enjoyed the new features of Zbrush 2021; playing around the cloth simulation and the recent additions of Zmodelers had been fun. The cloth simulation was surprisingly simple for its realistic collision results.
Still, there is much to fix and improve but I have learned so much from making this piece and will continue to learn from my weaknesses and mistakes and extend my skills to my next project. Special thanks to Yang Guang, one of the most amazing teachers and diligent CG artists and 3D modeller I’ve ever met, who had helped and guided me to make this possible.

36 Likes

Photo_0010
Photo_0011
Photo_0012
Photo_0013
Photo_0014
Photo_0015
Photo_0016

28 Likes

I really love it when someone takes on the hugely ambitious project of translating a classic to 3D as you have. It’s a lot of work, and you’ve done an excellent job.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Awesome work! I can appreciate the effort it takes into putting together a project like this. Well done! :+1: :+1:

Amazing Sculpt! Quite a spectacle :+1:

Lots of hard work. Respect to you. Really, You have done a great piece.:clap:

Your work is awesome! :+1: :+1: :+1: Thanks for share :wink:

Incredible!

this is epic! :slight_smile:

god if you are talented. great job

Great study!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!! If you don’t mind my asking: !n your introduction, you mention using MD for the cloth sim but also ZBrush -> which clothes were done using ZBrush cloth sim?

Just awesome

It’s incredible…

MAN! Everything about this is so cool.

Awesome work! I love how you matched up with the originals anatomy and style so much when I’m sure there is a constant temptation to change stuff up. I’ll be honest tho, huge projects like this give me nightmares thinking about all the work that goes into it. XD Congrats on finishing it and great results!

This is incredible

cool

<3 <3 <3 fantastic work

thank you so sharing so much. I think you did a great job and doing a full project will definitely help you learn a lot.

Welcome to the ZBrushCentral community.