ZBrushCentral

[KURV DVD] Get into ZBrush Vol 1 'Total ZBrush' (3.1)

Received the DVD a few days ago. It’s fantastic.
Wayne has a relaxed (real life) way of working and explaining the little details of the program. He kind of lost me on the last few chapters, but I’ve never managed to understand displacement maps and such anyway. I’ll have to review them again…a few times.

One important issue…my “extras” folder is empty on the DVD.
What am I missing? Where can I get it?

Again,
Thanks Wayne and Wes!

Get in contct with Wes as there was anissue with some early dvd’s not having the extras and he’ll hook you up with them. I’m glad you found the DVD useful, learning about displacement maps has been known to turn the most sane person into a raving loon, so if you stil have any questions after viewing that bit again I’ll be happy to help clear up anything thats your sticking with.

Look out for Vol 2 soon BTW. :wink:

I should also mention that this volume is available for direct download over at the Kurv site as a buying option for those that didn’t realise.

Wayne…

Very well put together, good, solid, and understandable flow.
Is good for all users I think, but as a beginner especially, takes you through so much with easy to follow steps.
Thank you so very much!

Anyone from the uk have theirs yet, mine shiped on the 8th?

In case it hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere, Volume 2 is out. (just ordered my copy!)

Yeah, received an email today from Wes.I just received vol 1 yesterday and if you order before Oct 26 you will get the $13.00 discount.Evidently theirs a bundle price, and if you just have the first volume they will discount the second one.

Ops! DarthWayne!
I missed this first issue of yours teaching DVD! Congratulations Again! :wink: :+1:

I havent even got the first one yet but im sure the second one is of high quality, well done wayne good to see a tallented guy prosper.:+1:

Hi Wayne,

I tried contacting Wes/Kurv Studios a few weeks ago…but got no response (no surprise)
I’ve had this problem with Wes before regarding a damaged Lightwave DVD.
I had to eventually threaten Wes with advising other members of a different forum of his lack of responsibilty before he shipped a replacement.

I was looking forward to purchasing the second DVD you put out, but after no response…well…you understand.

How he manages to stay in business is beyond me. I imagine I’m not the only one.

ps. My sincere apologies to all members of this forum. The last thing I would want to do is drag anyone through the mud.

raymi

raymi, Wayne sent me this link… I am only aware of a few international issues were working on but can not find your order based on the name here.

If you will email me at the email address you received your invoice from I will handle this for you now. Sorry to hear of your issue. The only issues we know of at this time are international ordered that were lost in transit, damaged or are currently waiting in customs. Other than that, we don’t have any outstanding issues.

Regardless, we want to handle your situation as soon as we can and get this to you. We can also send you a download link so you have the files, as we mail you a replacement if necessary.

I won’t take up any more room in this public forum reacting to this pathetic situation.
If you took the time to look at my public profile (just click on my user name), you would see that I’m located in New York, which is not “overseas” the last time I looked.
Again, it appears that you only respond to implied threats Wes. If it wasn’t for Wayne, I’d be up the creek…and still not overseas.

I sent you the e-mail you requested above.

Again, my apologies to the forum members.

raymi

You are right, I did not think about that…sorry…

Not at all… Wayne let me know you were upset… I had not see the post yet. I actually have not received an email from you until a few minutes ago that I can find. I did reply to that with a link to the file your looking for. :slight_smile:

Again, I am sorry about the issue here… sorry your upset, I hope the link solves the issues you have.

Just as a quick note if anyone has issues with the DVD, please feel free to call us as as an alternative… the number here is 818-276-1560, especially if your inside the US. this information can be found here - http://www.kurvstudios.com/customer_service.php :slight_smile:

Thanks raymi!!

Is there any trouble with the DVD, coz chapter 5 and 6 seems to be the same besides filesize and name :qu:

Hi Henne,
I’ve bought both dvds and I’m very satisfied, and I’ve noticed the same thing about first dvd.
I wrote to customer service and Wes “kurv” Beckwith has answered me he’s working on.
I think we have to wait, anyway, they remain a good resource to better understand ZBrush and to improve own ability in sculting.
Wayne is also fun, when I understand him, 'cause my English is not so good !
I hope in the future someone will make a tutorial with subtitles, also in english.
Ciao.

Hey guys, were looking into this but it will be till Monday until we can get back to you… were going to be at Texas Frightmare Weekend Muhaha ha ha ha !!

http://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com

Once this is over we will have time to check this out and get back to you…

Thanks for your patience!!

I hope the issues I am reading about here are sorted out. I gave up on the download as it kept failing for me and requested the dvd’s instead and a reciept for the extra postage costs. Hopefully they are by now on their way to me.

Mike R

Kurv i think is time you review seriously your way of management your own company, i see from all this post that old problems still are there in relation your products, certainly nothing related with the autors, southern,wayne,etc…
3 years ago i bought Southern Silo DVD and the same from you, you dont recieve email, you dont know etc, sorry for that, sorry for this. is the same always.:confused:
Andreseloy

I dont want anyone thinking I am complaining about the service. I have no real reason to complain at the moment.

In fact I am looking forward very much to getting going with these dvd’s.

Cheers

Mike R

hello all,

I recently got the combo package of KURV DVDs (get into zbrush) and I must say that I am really dissapointed.

I expected full 3.1 “into” dvd, but instead, it was something else.
The DVD (especially the first one) has no concept (which I really enjoyed on Meats DVDs). It looks to me like author sat down in his office and started to talk about everything he had in his mind. At one moment I am almost sure I heared child crying on behind…

I expect more conceptual aproach, this was plain confusing and if I was a newby in ZB, i would have not learned anything.

Second thing: DVDs have terrible sound quality. Author’s pronounciation is terrible, is hardly understandable in certain moments and his jokes sounds like for kids. I buy it to learn something, not to listen to “tararam tararam” singing.

Chapters are simply badly designed and it is hard to find certain area of interest.

DVDs have no player embedded, instead explorer is used, which is really annoying.

Only good thing is price (You can get 2DVDs for 70USD) which is quite nice, unfortunatelly, it is not worth it.

Sorry for this overview, but I was really dissapointed. No match for gnomon DVDs.

Well, I ordered before two DVDs from Kurv and I didn’t get any problems at all. Besides I’m in China, Macau SAR, near Hong Kong. I never needed to send to Kurv an email or complaint. It was always good in my last two transactions with Kurvstudios.

However…

1. Kurvstudios website, it seriously need some upgrades/updates. The website links are all out of date (besides the shopping page, with the latest DVDs). Plus, It annouces new DVDs release for 2007 and it never came out, never heard anything from them again about the new releases. That indeed is very annoying, especially not just for a webdesigner like myself who always strive for new contents/updates but also as a customer.

2. Yes, there are no playbacks, and the use of internet explorer is quite annoying. But never the less, the video quality of the Authors are superb in my view. The sound quality is not an issue at all here I believe. But certainly there are plenty of rooms for improvement, starting with the most basic tool: Playback control at least.

Just what a friend of mine once said: “If you deliver something slopy, you are sure opening the door for someone to shoot you in the head.”

Kurvstudios, seriously it is about time to take your business serious and actions speak louder than worsds, starting with your own house “website”. And keep the content updated regularly please. It has been years since your website looks the same and the content is so out of date.