ZBrushCentral

[KURV DVD] Get into ZBrush Vol 1 'Total ZBrush' (3.1)

Nice work fellas, it’s good to see you releasing after 3.1 came out so to include everything including the UI update.
I’ve always thought Kurv gives you so much content in there titles & therefore always recommend them to ZB Noobs, but it seems they’ve gone into overdrive with this one, 9hrs you say, blimey!!!

:cool:

Thanks mate, This one is 5 hour and vol 2 is 9 hours (not counting all the extra stuff in that.) I always find release weeks stressful…its a great way to kick off every paranoia you’ve ever had to do with art , all at once lol. You’d think with this being my 3rd DVD I’d be used to it by now. (although according to a few guys you never do lol.

We’ve got a lot of stuf planned involving ZBrush over the coming months. I can’t say what as yet, or I’ll get strung up by my dangly bits. :wink: A consious decision was made to not rush to release for V3. Obviously as Zbrush updates I’ll add the new features (assuming there are any) to upcoming DVD’s to keep the series ‘current’.

SkullMonster: Its a good feeling but also strange in way to be totally honest. I remember watching Glens DVD when I was starting out…little realising at the time that one day it would be me on the DVD. :expressionless: Although it’d be nice to think that when zbrush 5 or so comes out that some watching these dvd’s ends up making the next ‘edition’ of it. :slight_smile:

Wayne…

Hey Wayne! Congrats on the video! From what I’ve seen it’s going to be awesome and will be a huge help to those wanting to learn ZBrush. :smiley:

Cheers!

Steve

Thanks Steve, it means a lot. :wink:

Wayne…

Ordered it. Looking forward to part 2 as well.

Final Cover Design (by Manuel Martinez)

New-Designsm.jpg

Ok this is the final design for the cover for the 1st volume. Its designed by Manuel Martinez who’s day job is designer / web guy. I think you’ll agree he’s done a great job and we’re sitting with bated breath to see what he comes up with for volume 2. :+1:

The model on the front in this case is one of the 3 used to illustrate the features of ZBrush in the best way. This wasn’t a easy cover to do, as there’s no ‘big project’ on this DVD.

Wayne…

congratulations, where are you from? your accent is very hard to understand… atleast for me, might be the compression of the previews.

He’s from Durham, England. 36 years old. And he joined this forum in June 2005.

I must seem very creepy right now. :lol:

(Look under our names over there on the left. You never know what you’ll learn!)

haha thanks…

Thanks for making this! I ordered the DVD and it should be arriving in a few days. I’d been hoping for a Lynda.com tutorial because I learned Photoshop from them and I really came to love these 1024X768 Screen Capture tutorials. It’s good to see somebody is filling the need!

Sorry wayne, I’ll PM music2131.

They don’t have one. They only make them if enough members request.

It is very bad net ettiquette to use one persons thread on thier DVD release to promote others and is out of line. ZBrush users buy many DVD’s from many different firms, and are quite capable of reading more than one thread on the subject.

Wayne…

Wayne the cover looks great. I take it orders are only started to ship now the cover is done, or will it be a little longer?

LOL where have I been for the last 5 days, must be Zbrush time distortion having a effect on me. Just noticed that you posted that cover 5 days ago :o

The DVD is shipping, I know for sure as someone just send me a PM about getting it etc… The slight delay was due to a total cover and interface redesign at the last moment due to its title change, thanfuly there aren’t any such issues with volume 2 when it comes out…whcih by the way is soon. :wink:
Hope that helps.

Wayne…

Thanks Wayne, I got a email sayings its shiped today.:smiley:

No problem. :slight_smile:

Wayne…

Would this run on a regular DVD player (TV based)? Also is there a way of changing how the DVD works? Whenever I click on one of the lessons, it opens up an Internet Explorer window with an embedded MOV file. The problem with this is that its not a full sized screen, and there are no MOV controls available, to pause and rewind the video.

If you open the disk and look in the ‘Video_Final’ folder you’ll find all the quicktime files there. Without converting the DVD doesn’t play on a normal DVD player, the reaso for this is simply that we woudn’t be able to get as many hours of footage onto the DVD’s.
Hope that helps.

Wayne…

What are the tradeoffs (if any) of just purchasing the download vs ordering the dvd outside of the obvious?

db

The download verison doesn’t inclue the extras that are on the DVD. If you have any big quieries feel free to contact Wes at kurv (or post for info on the kurv forum) as some of this is outside of ‘my side’ of things. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

Wayne…