ZBrushCentral

Kraken's Illustrations Thread

These last two images, snowman and scarecrow are really great! Looking foreward to you sharing your steps for the scarecrow.

Wonderful illustrations, my fav is the scarecrow - the visual impression is very balanced and harmonic. Compared with that, the Snowman’s scene lacks that ease of viewing a little bit, maybe because of the more differentiated lights + the text. But the icy guy looks as cute as the corn-boy :slight_smile:
Outstanding renderings and very inspiring for me - definitely a toprow-candidate!

froyd

I finally got around to creating a walkthrough of how the Scarecrow image was created. It’s highlighted on CG Gallery and the link is below. I hope it answers any questions about the workflow. If not, I’ll be happy to further explain any thing I may have left out.

SCARECROW TUTORIAL

beautiful illustrations…

Starting a new illustration. Just the beginning stages. This one’s a cardinal scene. Spent about an hour on the cardinal so far. I think I need to go back and resculpt the face a bit and make the beak open rather than one piece.

I’m not sure yet, but I might also pull a couple sunflowers from the scarecrow image and make them larger and more detailed for the background. Maybe add a split rail fence in it as well. I need think more about the scene.

Cardinal1.jpg

Realy fantastic work, good work in 2d and 3D :+1: :+1:

Here’s an update on the cardinal illustration. I’ll have these two positioned together sort of in this angle with a greenish blue background and sitting in a redbud tree.

This was a quick ZBrush rendering test for the feather materials and lighting. I’ll need to go back in during post to soften up some feathers more and maybe paint over some areas for a more feathered look.

[attach=101775]Cardinal3.jpg[/attach]

Thumb.jpg

Attachments

Cardinal3.jpg

They are looking great !
only the legs seems to be placed too far at the end of the body.
(early sideview pic)

L

Christopher,

Animals are marvellous and good inspiration.

Your birds are very very beautiful

Good work guy :wink:

Thanks, Lucky and Marc!

Here’s the latest on the cardinals. I like the pose better in the first image I posted with both cardinals, but I don’t have the time to fix it as this needs to be finished today. I cut another corner by modeling a redbud tree instead of full blown flowers like a dogwood or whatever because the redbuds were quicker to do. But I think it came together OK overall. If it makes it into my client’s line, I’ll have time to fix the feet and work a bit more on the lighting…

Rendered in ZBrush 3. Postwork in Photoshop.

[attach=101855]Cardinal2.jpg[/attach]

CardThumb.jpg

Attachments

Cardinal2.jpg

This one just blew me away…
Simply awesome…:+1: :+1: :+1:

KrakenCMT
This is a very nice piece of work you have rendered.
I am delighted seeing the details throughout your image.
:slight_smile:
I want to rate the render at least a A+

Will you be posting a work flow tutorial on your basic technique?

Absolutely awesome.

Very beatifull and soft feeling.great work sir.

waow looking really nice! great job :slight_smile:

very inspiring, not just a gerat piece of work, but also great to have a less ‘omg a scary monster’ topic - well done.

Thanks everyone! I should at least show the final Cardinals image here as well…

cynwulf,
One of these days, though, I’ll get around to creating some type of scary creature. I love that stuff too! :slight_smile:

[attach=103002]CardinalFinal.jpg[/attach]
CARDINAL FINAL IMAGE

great man ! nice colors…

hmm, on second thought, a closer inspection reveals more menacing intent in those beady little cardinal eyes, almost… almost like they are watching you… waiting… pulling you in…

I love the scarecrow too btw, I found it very inspiring!

Great Job I look forward to seeing your next piece :wink:

Here’s a new illustration I made. The company that will use it requested a bunny in a flower pot image, so prepare your barf bags. :lol:

This was created the same way as the Cardinals image with multiple ZBrush rendering passes layered together in Photoshop with some post work for the fur and coloring.

BT.jpg

Attachments

BunnyFinal.jpg