ZBrushCentral

Kid and the hyenas

One of the projects done for Demo Reel class at Gnomon taught by Miguel Ortega. HDRI from hdrihaven. Huge thanks as always to Tran Ma for mentoring me through this entire project and always having a solution for every problem I run into. Although the groom for the hyenas didn’t come out great, I was only able to get it to this point in the time I had thanks to Tran. As with all my demo reel projects, Miguel’s weekly feedback and suggestions helped me push this piece much further than I’d originally planned. And of course, thanks to Xiaoyu Huang for letting me use his amazing concept.

48 Likes

Wow, this is really good. I’d say the course was money well spent.

1 Like

Powerful image @davidkw96, especially the boy’s face expression and skin details. Your render does justice to the overall piece, well done! :+1:
Jaime

1 Like

Great work. A bit scary :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can feel the tension - especially love the close-up renders!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!

2 Likes

Impressive work! I especially like the expression on the kid. :+1:

1 Like

nice

1 Like

Wow, those expressions are really well captured :+1:

2 Likes

Amazing piece! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing realism and emotion!

3 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

amazing @davidkw96 :fire:

it reminds me a documentary I have seen recently in a village of Ethiopia where the butchers feed the hyena with the rest of meat. So the village is invaded by a pack of 20/50 hyena and no one fear :fearful:

1 Like

what a concept

1 Like

That artwork is fire! :fire: The story your telling is great! Dramatic :+1:t5:

1 Like

What a scene man. loved it.

So very impressed with the childs conviction

Wow, strong! Verry well made!!!