ZBrushCentral

KeyShot for ZBrush and GPU Rendering

The current standalone version of KeyShot supports GPU rendering. Does KeyShot for Zbrush also support GPU rendering?

Thanks!

Hi,

in general ‘Yes’ but please have a look to this information from Pixologic support:
https://support.pixologic.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/324/21/keyshot-9-gpu-rendering

CU

Thanks, HarryBee!

Not the answer I was hoping for …

Well, it looks like the support link given above is out of date???

Here is the description for GPU rendering given in the KeyShot 9 Manual:

"Requirements

GPU raytracing in KeyShot 9 supports NVIDIA GPUs built on Maxwell microarchitecture and supports CUDA Compute Capability 5.0 or later found in the Quadro M6000 or GTX 980 and above.
We recommend:

Graphics cards on the NVIDIA RTX platform with a minimum of 8 GB memory.
Driver Version: For both KeyShot GPU on both Quadro and GeForce we recommend version 441.66."

I take this to mean that my two GTX 1080s ARE supported using CUDA drivers! If this is not correct, please let me know!

https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K9M/pages/1139015787/GPU+Mode

Update:

I loaded the trial version of KeyShot 9 on my machine. It recognized my two GTX 1080s and used them to render without any issues. This is great news, assuming that KeyShot for ZBrush works the same.

As an aside, I wanted to judge the performance of my two 1080s. Using Octanebench to do a benchmark, the two 1080s scored essentially the same as one new RTX 2080 TI. The RTX 2080 TI costs about $1200. Used 1080s are currently available for about $220 each.

1 Like

Another Update:

I loaded the trial version of KeyShot 9 for ZBrush on my machine and the trial version of the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge. Everything works as expected, both CPU and GPU rendering. For a time there I thought I might have to update my graphics cards to RTX.

This is great news!

1 Like

HI - I have keyshot 9 - when i first use the bridge colors come over fine but as soon as i turn on GPU rendering they disappear?

even if i apply the texture map from zbrush it will still not show in gpu mode…

Keyshot works normally with other models and textures though…

is anyone else experiencing this problem with key shot 9 ?