ZBrushCentral

Keyshot 9 GPU mode killing my textures from zbrush

GPU acceleration in keyshot 9 has been great. BUT , whenever I send a polypainted model with Keyshot bridge from zbrush and turn on GPU mode, I get the strange unwrapping pattern overriding polypaint materials. Has this happened to anyone here?

Hello @ReximusPrime

The Support website is undergoing a makeover and some of the previous articles posted there have disappeared, but I was able to retrieve the text of a previous article there from Google. Basically, most ZBrush users should not be using GPU acceleration mode in Keyshot 9. You need specialized hardware to take advantage of it, and without that are likely to encounter issues:

KeyShot 9 GPU Rendering Posted by Matthew Yetter on 05 November 2019 03:43 PM

A very interesting bit of news is that KeyShot 9 has a feature that allows GPU rendering. However, this is only compatible with the new generation of Nvidia graphics cards – those that support RTX. Even with those cards, it will not be very useful for most users due to the amount of RAM required. Most RTX capable cards are gaming cards, which don’t have sufficient video RAM. But for enterprise customers running the expensive Titan and Quadro cards, it will be a potential benefit.

The most common question people will likely have when they hear about this is, “Will CPU rendering be going away?” The answer is a resounding no. Probably 99.9% of users will not have a compatible card and so will continue to use the standard CPU rendering. But for those few users that have the necessary cards, it’s an option.

If you attempt to use GPU rendering and your card does not have sufficient video RAM the result can include effects such as that textures do not load onto your materials. In short, if you do not have a Titan or Quadro card, please do not enable GPU rendering. It won’t work for you.

Aside from that, Keyshot 9 is supported by Luxion, not Pixologic. If you have issues with its usage, you need to look to Luxion resources.

Good luck!

Thanks- i do indeed have an RTX80 - so maybe not good enough -

I have a quadro 8000 and it doesn’t work either. I wish Zbrush warned the users of this before the purchase!

All versions of Keyshot 9, including Keyshot 9 for ZBrush, are supported entirely by Luxion.

Zbrush works with Keyshot they way it always did. If you have system specs to run ZBrush well, you have the specs to render them decently in the classic render mode in Keyshot. GPU based option does not change the ZBrush to Keyshot experience at all.

GPU aided rendering is an optional feature added by Luxion for those with the hardware to take advantage of it. Keyshot is supported by Luxion. If you have an issue with the listed Recommended Specs for Keyshot, or with the way Keyshot is performing on those recommended spec, you need to take it up with Luxion.

I’m using an Nvidia 2080ti and I’m having the same problem. I’ve also tried changing the defuse texture to Vertex color and it completely washes out the colors. The only way I get the correct polypaint is by rendering in CPU mode.

untitled.4

The fix i’ve found is to update to new node under the texture options - applied vertex color or texture then returns :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ReximusPrime Dude, you are a life savior! Thank you, this worked out for me… Omg thank you so much, you made my day! And saved tons of time on rendering.