ZBrushCentral

KeyShot 6 Upgrade

I’m trying to upgrade to KS6. I went to Pixologic and generated my license file. Then I downloaded my free upgrade, and launched it. Once open, it asks for the file, but the file won’t highlight, and can not be selected. the application is asking for a .lic file, but Pixologic creates a license file in .zlic format, which it doesn’t recognize. I can not get KeyShot 6 to run. Must I contact LUXION for this?

No response, : (

I imagine you guys had your hands full with the summit tho, which I watched on Livestream and loved all of it.

Excited for 4r8!

Anyway, Luxion helped. : )

Here is the reply I received for my Keyshot license from license@luxion.com

How To Create A Request File:
1. Start KeyShot and select “Activate your license” from the registration wizard. If you are currently in “demo” mode, then open the registration wizard from Help (PC) or KeyShot (Mac) > Register License.
2. Enter your information and click Continue.
3. Enter your serial code
4. Click Save request file and send that file to us as an attachment.
Once we receive the request file from you, we will be able to generate your license.

Hope this helps, Behrooz

(deleted post…will ask Luxion)

is this keyshot content installer ever released?
I cant find it.

@Patpotlood;
I think they might be talking about the KeyShot Cloud, but I dont know that for sure.

Apparently KeyShot 7 is out, is there going to be a ZBrush version of it?

@MeaLeaYing

Seeing as the Pixologic store advertises a free upgrade to Keyshot 7 for Zbrush for purchases made after Nov 2016 it seems certain, but I don’t know what the lag time is between the Luxion release and the eventual Zbrush-only version.

Spyndel, thank you.
I never thought to look there!

at https://support.pixologic.com/Core/Default/Index, it states that Keyshot 7 is available.

I have downloaded Keyshot 7 and am confused as how to activate it. My serial number is on the my-licenses page, but the only clickable link is for the Keyshot 6 upgrade and not Keyshot 7?

I do believe I am in the category of having to purchase the upgrade as the date on this key is 12/3/2015.

My guess is that the my-licenses page has not been updated yet, but if I am missing the correct way to activate my license, I’d like to know:)

@Sazdum

That page you linked states that Keyshot 7 for Zbrush activates with your Keyshot 6 serial.

[edit] Never Mind. I had to input both my ks6 serial and my old ks 5 serial, and it worked. Baffling.

Spyndel… where have you downloaded Keyshot 7 from? I have version 6Pro for ZBrush and would like to get 7 Pro?

Thanks in advance…

@Sigmund: The Keyshot 7 specifically for ZBrush isn’t yet available. But the full standalone version of Keyshot 7 works with the ZBrush to Keyshot Bridge.

Thanks Dillster… think I’ll wait for the ZBrush version…

@Sigmund Hentze

The download link was available for a while, but has since been removed. During that time I was able to download and activate. Evidently there are issues with the upgrade process that are being addressed this week.

Pixologic currently recommend not upgrading at the present time, until those issue are sorted out.

100% - will be login in on their Webinar tomorrow and will pop the question… Thanks

Luxion Support told me the problem was with the Zbrush Bridge - they gave me a link to Keyshot 7 full install but I was reluctant to install it due to what Pixologic said about waiting for a fix to the “issues” - however reading here that people already have Keyshot 7 working with the bridge makes me wonder if I might try it anyway. I’m wondering and it seemed like Luxion was saying there really isn’t a separate Keyshot for Zbrush install and that it’s all just one installation file - just that the serial number unlocks the Zbrush for Keyshot (pro or hd versions) Luxion support already seemed to give me a fix to the licensing problem - I just haven’t tried it yet to see if it works (in the fear that my hasted will screw something up) I’d love to get this up and running sooner than later as I also just upgraded to the Pro version…)

@Mr.Natural

Yes, as far as I know KS for ZB is just the normal Keyshot that unlocks features based on what serial you activate it with.

I assumed the issues had to do with the activation process that has never worked very well for me, always requiring me to contact Luxion to manually activate a license when the online process wouldnt work. I was able to get it activated this past week before they took it back down , but it required a rather unintuitive set of different serials to get it working. I haven’t noticed any out of the ordinary ZB to KS issues with it, but my usage to this point has been minimal,and there’s always weird stuff that happens with the bridge anyway.

That’s probably the biggest thing you risk by trying to activate now…having to wait on Lux support to get back to you to get your program running…as well as the implied side-eye reserved for users that ignore posted instructions;)

thanks @Spyndel,
I will try to cool my jets and just wait - hopefully not more than a few days. I couldn’t get the install to work to upgrade to keyshot 6 pro either so I’m eager to start - especially since I already have the licensing info from Luxion needed to make it all happen. I may try to upgrade my 6 version anyway with the info they already gave me (the two serial numbers)
thanks for your info and help.