ZBrushCentral

Kaya from S.N.U.F.F. by Victor Pelevin

S.N.U.F.F. is a science fiction novel by Russian writer Viktor Pelevin.
It is a post-apocalyptic world divided into two opposite worlds. One world where the majority of people live either in poor, technologically backwards conditions with primitive slave ideology. But another world is a capital flying city “Big Byz” (or “Byzantium”) with all advanced technologically and extensive utilization of artificial intelligence.
The story of novel is narrated from the person of some Damilola Karpov, a pilot of a remotely controlled drone who works for both the military and media. Social culture of Byzantium contains a number of specific features. In particular, a popular custom among elite and pilots is to use robotic women for sexual partners. Kaya - is an android robot, total indistinguishable from a real person. She’s an expensive toy designed to satisfy physical needs of a man, she is a perfect woman … According to the protagonist “Kaya is the flower of my life, my main investment, the light of my heart, the happiness of my nights and many, many more years of loan payments” (own words of Damilola Karpov). According to the plot, Damilola is hopelessly in love with Kaya. But he treats her like a thing, he doesn’t see her as a person. This problem often arises between a man and a woman. Unfortunately it has been, exist now and will be… The birth of a true living mind from artificial intelligence - one of the favorite philosophical themes of Viktor Pelevin. Anyway as the story progresses, Kaya escapes to give hope to blinded poor people and save humanity for the future and justice…

1 Like