ZBrushCentral

jramauri - The self improving thread 2d/3d (nudity)

“Bunny Ninja” Had me chuckling for a good long time. :lol:
Great stuff!

aurick and tez: Thanks for your replies.

Jaycephus: I’m waiting anxiously,man! :slight_smile:

Bakadoodle: Hehe, thanks but the bunny ninja is not mine, is a concept of Jaycephus. I hope you had enjoyed the other works.

Here is the 3d sketch, from the concept above. Made in 3h.

[orc_3h_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘92597’,‘orc_3h_2.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

orc_3h_2.jpg

Very good realization of the sketch.

You ought to try out mesh extraction for the metal plates on the helmet and shoulder, and also for the belt and other parts of the armor.

http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/Mesh_Extraction

Thanks, jay. I did a lot of mesh extraction on the previous korean style monster, but for this one I couldn’t. He was made made for a challenge on 3dtotal, and the rules stated the he would stay as a single mesh :wink:

impressive model!

nice job. just wondering though why did you not use subtools to create all the accessories. (helmet,straps,horns,etc)

amazing job man! wainting for “The seasons” dudes come out =P

guys, as he said, he´ve done that for a 3dt speed sculpt, he wasnt allowed to use subtools :wink:

Excuse me, but what is MS you are talking about? Abbreviations make the post kind of unreadable.
Good work, by the way :wink:

MS = Manga Studio http://graphics.smithmicro.com/go/mangastudio

We were using the term “Manga Studio” instead of just MS earlier on in the discussion.

Thank you! I am probably little bit blind at 2 am :slight_smile:

Hey guys, thanks for your comments.

This is the first time I’m doing a painted master copy, and it’s harder than I though. It’s not finished yet, it lacks more work on hair ad clothes. Suggestions and crits are welcome. No Zbrush this time, it’s Painter.

[Daisies_copy.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘92710’,‘Daisies_copy.jpg’,1,0))

when using painter u should check out the cloner brush it picks the colours of ur background reference automatically and u can focus on getting the lines and the style right its a great tool!

Hey Disco, thanks for your comment. But the main goal of my thread is improve my skills on painting and modeling. If I use the cloner tools of Painter, where’s the improvement? It’s intentional make things the way I’m doing.

Here’s a concept I’m doing for a comp on 3dtotal. It’s Logan as an X-Butcher

[wolvie_sketch2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘92892’,‘wolvie_sketch2.jpg’,1,0))

Here’s the final piece of master copy.

[Daisies_copy1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘93156’,‘Daisies_copy1.jpg’,1,0))

Very nice, I like the Logan & the girl.

There goes one more step of Jana’s WIP. It lacks details on boot, mechanical arm and other parts.

[attach=103679]Jana_concept_WIP.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Jana_concept_WIP.jpg

Great work! Manga Studio is great for line work, for colors it takes some getting used too - and I work for Smith Micro, so I know. :slight_smile: I’m a big Manga Studio EX fan and Debut, while lacking a few of EX’s features, is a great tool.

Your painted work is great, love it. You’re models are cool too, especially the orc - that was a tough challenge.

Finally got Artrage 2, and I don’t think I will ever draw anything on paper ever again!! :smiley:

Thanks again for recommending it. :+1:

Ipm so looking foward for more updates!!!