ZBrushCentral

Jordan Pierre A. Gabriel's Sketch Book

Here’s the concept art for this Ocquarian Female. I could change it but it’s not my design. It was done by Alejandro Anguiano, a friend of mine. Here is his blog if you are curious in seeing some of his artwork. http://alejandro-art.blogspot.com/ However, thank you for your input :smiley: ocquarianFemale.jpg

the anatomy just isnt there ;f Also i would add a ***** and titis to it call it a sexy squid, since as of now it lacks in character ;f

HEy Jordan! I’d say the sculpt isn’t bad man, you stuck to the concept well. The concept it the issue. I agree with the other posters that nothing about her says “female”. Maybe some subtile changes would help. Like the definition in her arms and chest muscles is too prominent. Maybe smooth out her jawline a little bit. Widen her hips a little bit more. Give her a more human ab and rib area maybe? Less detail and a bit smoother so it reads as “sexy”. Also if you don’t want to give her huge rocking tits (more power too you, thats what everybody does lol) maybe give her small bumps on her breast area to indicate that shape, but you don’t have to make them anime big or give her nipples. Like Ruto from Zelda:

http://zeldakingdom.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ruto.jpg

Hope this helps man. If anything though i’d say save this version under a different name and then bulk it up. You could very quickly have a male and female piece using it.

Thanks for the advice and constructive criticism guys! I agree with you guys as well in some areas. Again, it’s not my design but I will consult the artist and see if I can make the changes. We are working on a project together and he’s lead artist.:smiley:

There is only one thing you can do in that case.
Kill him and take his place !

Haha! Slocik. You can have the honors.

Here’s another character I sculpted for my Senior Project class. This character was again designed by Alejandro. I like this design much better. :smiley:

HarbanMale_Progress_01.jpg

Here’s a close up on the Harban’s face. There is still a = lots of tweaking to be done.

HarbanMaleProgress_FACE_04.jpg

I haven’t posted anything here for awhile. I’ve done a couple of speed sculpts recently but I think this is the most worthy to me. The first pic is 20 mins in and the second pic is another 30 mins in. So, about 50 mins total.blowupman2.jpgblowupman3.jpg:cool:

I know you guys hate this character but I’ll post it up anyways haha. I just need to finish this character for class. Feel free to tell me the most horrid things ever about it. :smiley: ocquarian_udpate_01.jpgocquarian_udpate_01_full.jpg Oh, if you notice the screws, guess what tutorial I watched? haha.

Here’s another update of this character.

madly original…:+1:

I not only do not hate it, I actually like it a lot. I love cephalopods of all sorts, especially octopi so I have a wee bit of bias I suppose.
I think your rendition of the original drawing more then does it justice. The fact its somewhat androgynous is strangely appealing and adds to the sculpt and to the amusing nature of an earlier commenter who seemed to want tits on a squid among other —ahem— things.
Anyhow I think its very good and would like to see it keep progressing.

Cheers!
mealea

Thanks you very much guys for your comments! Mealea, I’m glad you actually like it and noticed the features I was going for. I was starting to feel like this piece was another in the trash. However, after having some fun creating the armor and clothing I think its turning out pretty swell now. I referenced Mecha robots and Tron. Thanks, again guys. :smiley:

Ocquarian - Different Eye Variations.jpg
Here are different eye variations. Starting from left to right is choice 1-4. Feel free to comment on which one eye variation works. I"ll ask for a critique from my fellow classmates on which they like or if none of them work.

Ocquarian Update 6.jpg
I would like to say I’m finished texturing the body but there’s always room for improvement. Now, I just need to texture everything else and bake the maps from the high poly out on to the low poly mesh. Also, feel free to comment on anything else. :cool:

Styracosaurus with paint

Attachments

Styracosaurus Update 1.jpg

Here’s a photoshop color pass mockup of an image exported out from Zbrush of the Dominance Character V character I never finished! :smiley:

Here’s a rough completed version of the Ocquarian character on the low poly mesh. It is 7848 tris. Images can be found at my blog here: http://jpagart.blogspot.com/2011/10/ocquarian-update-10.html

My Styracosaurus is now textured. There’s still always tweaking do be done but I’m calling quits for now. This image is a screen cap of 3ds Max’s viewport.

It’s good to be back sculpting! :smiley: Well it’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I took a break from school but here’s what I’ve been working on. I’m trying to create Manny Pacquiao and pose him. I don’t have any perfect reference so I’ve just been referencing lots and lots of internet pics. I hope to be done with this guy as soon as possilble, hopefully next week. Please feel free to critique. I really need it! Please! Any critique would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :smiley:Pacquaio_Render_01.jpgPacquaio_RenderClose_01.jpg

Here’s a new update on full body Pacquiao I’m attempting to create. My earlier post looked nothing like him but I think it’s starting to look a lot like him now. It’s still very rough and again I’ve been basing the reference off any images I found off Google. So, I don’t really have any good orthographic views. I hope to finish this soon. I’m going to retopo this guy in 3D Coat and fully texture it by extracting high-res textures to a low poly mesh. Please critique. I would very much appreciate it.:smiley:
Pacquaio_02.jpg