Surfer SP Texturing

Sirena SP Texturing

Nixie SP Texturing

Aquata SP Texturing

Surfboard SP Texturing

Waves Texturing

Zbrush Rendering

Initial Concept

Years ago I had a dream of Mermaids, which was frightening that felt so real. Since then I wanted to create a mermaid theme artwork so I decided to take on a challenge and push myself to my limits in CG workflow. I decided to have a Surfer guy as the main subject as I find surfing to be extremely awe-inspiring. I named the surfer Johnny McQueen, and the mermaids are Sirena (blue hair), Nixie (blonde hair) and Aquata (red hair). In some cultures, the mermaid signifies life and fertility within the ocean. In others, she embodies the destructive nature of the water, luring sailors to their deaths — serving as an omen for storms, unruly seas and disaster.
The longest project I have worked on. The goal was to feel comfortable and confident using Zbrush, Maya, Xgen, Substance Painter and Arnold workflow. Only way to get better at something is practice repetition. UV mapping, Retopology, and texturing was something I really wanted to get better at. Alongside learning Xgen for grooming. I spend almost 4 months on this work and there is a point where I had to stop and call it done for the time being.

Visit my artstation for more artworks
www.artstation.com/aroyanmher

2 Likes