ZBrushCentral

Joe Menna Toy and Collectible Sculpts

Amazing work as always Joe!

Awesome work Joe!

Nice work!

I actually made that Batman for Injustice, it’s interesting to see another artist’s take on him:D

sorry if I didn’t mention the killer game art!!!

Incredible work you folks did. All I had to work from were screen caps from the game and a concept turn (probably yours!)

My AD is the guy incharge of the look…kind of like when Speed Racer and Racer X had to team up when speed couldn’t see and racer x’s legs were “broken” :wink: He did a killer concept drawing for the whole composition.

thanks!

I really dig the Grundy too it translated really well:+1: I’m going to have to get one!

did you also work on the UK version of the bat/WW statue?

The one where he’s grabbing her neck? No…but that one looks pretty damned cool!

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Joe, congrats on the top row! Great sculpts. Cool action figures! I think I will have to pick up a Grundy for myself!

Hey man! Thanks…long time since the old MB beta forum :wink:
Hope all is well!!!

really awesome

bro, you are really talented! You’re the guy that designed this figure? Terrific!

Grant, no…the amazing artists at Rocksteady Studios designed him.
I did the model from images from the game and concept work but modified it as requested according to the art direction I got from DC.
Sculpting for action figures is a pretty unique thing so there are necessarily a lot of changes that need to be made for manufacturing.
J

Here are digital shots of a Jar Jar Binks mini-bust I sculpted for Gentle Giant Ltd last year.

1.jpg2.jpg5.jpg9.jpg

Bust looks awesome! :+1:

Very nice!!

Thanks! Will be posting a Voldemort and cartoon style Star Wars piece in a few days.

Voldemort Mini Bust I digitally sculpted for Gentle Giant Ltd. last year.Vold_1.jpg

Attachments

Vold_1.jpg

Great job on Jar Jar like everything you do! Just trying to figure out who would want a bust of Jar Jar Binks to remind them of the most annoying digital character ever created! I’d be afraid most people would take the word bust literally and want to bust Jar Jar on the floor! Still, great work!

amazing !!!:+1:

Truly incredible work, Joseph!! And extremely inspirational.
Absolutely loving that frankenstein’ed hulk guy.
Do you mind if I ask if you have any pointers to people who want to print prototypes for molding/casting themselves?
Especially when it comes to poseable joints? Are there any blue-prints around? Material considerations? Any other resources?

Hey, thanks! The best thing to do is study how traditional toy sculptors make their joints and replicate that in zbrush.

Look for a book called Pop Sculpture…it goes into great detail and explains articulation way better than I could here in this post.

Merging subtools as dynamesh is the best way in zbrush but I use special engineering software to do mine since I work to very specific manufacturing tolerances.

I will be doing a demo explaining this at Siggraph and will share any links to that if they pop up.