ZBrushCentral

Jet

thnx ! David - mesh insert wheel speed sculpt about 1/2 hour

Attachments

ZBrush Document.jpg

ZBrush Documentg.jpg

ZBrushment.jpg

I’m in love with the RIM-:smiley:

A little step by step on how you created it?? I make my rims using cylinders, masking, insert brushes/custom insert brushes, apha’s, and deformation.

thnx Dragon try too post some how too pix later

Right on Gary… looking forward to them. You see my friend, I am just trying to see if there is a better workflow than mine (my stuff has been much trial and error as well as some tutes from here on ZBrushCentral and YouTube). I am always interested to see if other folks have a FASTER way of doing the same things I am. You know, more time creating and less time trying to figure out the technical stuff.

some more mesh sketches

Attachments

ZBrush Documentv.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

non organic - 100 % ZB mesh insert engine update - Dragon have a tut in the works for you - thnx for watching

Attachments

jet2.jpg

jet4.jpg

jet5.jpg

Hi Gary, Very cool stuff … look forward to the tutorial! cheers, David :smiley:

A tutorial would be really great, will be looking for it…Deke…:+1:

thnx guys a bigger shot with some mats and a quick how too on the wheel sorry just a quicky as im moving lots too do ! thnx for watching

Attachments

ZBrush Documentf.jpg

wheel tut.jpg

Gary … the engine is freakin awesome! :lol: and thanks for the tutorial! Cheers, David :smiley:

Ha, your the best my friend. Now, that’s cool. I am going to give your technique a ‘whirl’. Man, you make it look so easy. I try (almost) the same thing when it comes to rims i.e. using masks etc, but, when I use the primitive cylinder, I deform the INSIDE of the cylinder to get the area for the spokes and lug nuts. I DO NOT initialize it to open the center like you do, and this is what I am digging . I never thought of doing that. So, to me, your method is more ‘TRUE’ to making a rim than mine. Thanks a million Gary… more please-:smiley:

Oh, the break down of your engine is insane… everything so perfect! Your quickly on your way to becoming the INSERT BRUSH MASTER!!:wink:

Gary, attached is how I make my rims. Hope you like.

Attachments

wheel tut_SAUL2.jpg

great method also never tried that alt. key trick thnx for posting !

No prob. Hope your working on something real neat (as I am sure you are).

not sure how far i will take this- some parts just bucks for now - good practice tho thought would share the process thnx for watching :+1:

Attachments

ZBrush Document4.jpg

Am I the only one, or am I really enjoying all this?:smiley: I have said it once, I have said many a times, I love all the creature/cyborg/mech/people/characters etc, that are made with ZBrush, but this hard surface stuff really gets my ‘wheels’ rolling. Gary, that HotRod engine your putting together is just OUT OF THIS WORLD. Man, that’s stuff I have only seen in other 3D Packages. I am sure Ofer and the Pixologic crew are keeping a close eye on you as I am sure work like yours is the reason they gave us all the hard surface tools for (along with the mech suites and armor of course).
You have gained a big fan here my friend… please keep up this amazing work.

It will be interesting to see how you “assemble” the engine, not being the standard 90 degree V8.
The con rods might have quite a job to connect with the crank. :slight_smile:

Hi Gary,

I just came across your thread, you have some very interesting techniques and results.

I noticed you are from New Hampshire, where abouts?

I’m a New Hampshire guy myself, from the seacoast; Durham to be exact.

Dave

The vehicle motor is coming out great Gary. Kudos.

Ezra

@ Dragon thnx bud !
@ 3point14 - any angle you want with transpose - good point tho !(see pic attached)
@ dlangley - thnx currently Somersworth - wow just miles away good too see local zbrushers ! - do you go too UNH ?
@ ezra52 - thnx

Attachments

ZBrush Document31.jpg