ZBrushCentral

Jason Martin, 2010 production work

Awesome !
My way is kind stupid. For hard surface stuff. I do the topology as possible in maya. and jump to zbursh for details. good thing is don’t need to retop after details.

BUT…It’s hard to tweak if concept has any change.

Your way is more efficiently and can be change model flexible.

Nice work, Jason :+1:

congrats on top row…is there a possibility of a wallpaper sized version of Lord Vader’s profile shot (the thumb on top row)?

Great work

great stuff Jason, keep rocking :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome stuff !!
thanks for the work flow overview as well :slight_smile:

JUST exploded!AWESOME WORKS DUDE! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Helgi told me about your works before! (from dubai)

Everything is awesome on these arts!

Excelend work!! Love the details and texturing process. Top row well deserved!!
Cheers.

Justi.

Anazing work, thanks for sharig.
How long does it take to make such model from base mesh to final mesh?
Regards,
Tony

Any chance of showing us textures ? Thank you for sharing your workflow.

Hi Jason,

thanks for sharing your workflow. Its very generous of you.

I was curious about your Retopology workflow. I always expected you would use Topogun, or 3dCoat, or even Zbrush for Retopology. I’m a Max user but I never really thought of 3d Studio Max as a retopology tool the mega pros would use.

If you ever find the time and if its not to much trouble, could you quickly describe your retopology workflow in Max?

Thanks again!

Wow, thanks that’s great!!! :smiley:

Hi! Amazing work. Actually I had seen some of these cinematics earlier and I was waiting till someone post some models, sculpts from them here. :smiley:

I have a couple questions, I You don’t mind.

1. Which render engine did Blur use for Force Unleashed 2 cinematic?
  2. How do you seperate the armor from the body? For example on that guy from DC Universe? Im curious, because I see you’re doing everything from a single mesh, and I take it, the final mesh must consist of several pieces, in order to texture and animate them.

Cheers. :wink:

Oh my god, IWhen I saw the new trailer for arkham city I thought the beginning was comprised of live action! I had no idea! THAT IS GREAT WORK! HOLY COW! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Freaking awesome Jason!!

Was a pleasure to meet you last year!! Im a huge fan!

Cheers!

Hey, could you please please post a higher Res Version of the Vader in Snow Render?

Really want that as a Wallpaper

Amazing work as always Jason!!! I really love that Jabberwocky! And the Tyger Guard… excellent stuff. Thanks also for sharing your method! Always nice to catch a glimpse of how other artists work… :smiley:

ok, who used cheat codes on zbrush? :lol:
astonishing work! congratulations!

Thx Everyone for the kind words =)

Unfortunatley they had to take down the Arkham City stuff, apparently Rocksteady isn’t ready to release them as of yet. :cry:

Also, regarding Darth Vader, I have to share credit where credit is due. The talented Manny Llamas sent over his zbrush asset for us to utilize when and if needed. I ended up using the mask, shoulders, cod piece, and shins as my base and I built up from there. For the mask we decided we wanted to go for a new Hope look so some topology was added and proportions were changed, the shoulders are pretty much the same as Manny’s. The Cod and shins I ended up adding more edge loops and changed much of the shape and proportions to fit our stocky version of Vader. The rest of Vader I made from scratch. As many of you already know, Vader changes slightly through all 4 films and good luck finding any online reference thats ever exactly the same as the next. Manny’s version was great but we just decided we wanted a New Hope stocky look. Again though, love has to be sent Manny’s way for giving me a good base to start with. BTW check out his site, he has some cool stuff on there!!!

www.artbymanny.com

PS Im gonna respond to everyone later when I get more time.

The works are so magnificent! Excellent stuff…

AWESOME WORK DUDE !!! :grimacing: this is some kind of inspiration that floods your head… MEGA COOL !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome character models. And the cinematics were amazing too (you guys/gals kick-ass). Bravo.