ZBrushCentral

Jacob Marley

Hello ZBrushers! This is my latest personal work, it’s Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol. When I watched the different versions of the story while growing up, I always thought Jacob Marley seemed a little tame, even a bit goofy looking in some of the films. I’ve given him a scarier appearance and tried to elevate his presence.

ZBrush was used to create alphas for the clothing, skin, lips, fingers, fingerprints, fabrics, and many other things. The head and hands were sculpted in ZBrush as well. I created everything you see here by hand with the exception of a few smoke and lens overlays found on Google. There are no scanned assets and no AI whatsoever. The fabric textures were made with Designer and Painter. The scene was rendered in Maya with Arnold. Some shots took 20 hours from start to finish. Post work was done in Photoshop.

If anyone is interested, I put an asset pack together with a gigabyte’s worth of 8k textures and a custom Chain IMM brush. Visit my ArtStation store to download it - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dKyvdx

Please enjoy!

2 Likes

Looks dope!