ZBrushCentral

IT'S HERE!: ZBrush Summit 2016

ZFever has uploaded the ZBrush 4R8 demonstration from the ZBrush Summit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHHJW7eJExk

I have only one question: WHEN?
It`s unfair to give a zbrushCore release date but no indication for 4R8 :slight_smile:

I suspect no release date for 4R8 has been given yet because Pixologic is still finalizing it. But I guess it will be released before the end of October. Gentlemen, place your bets! :cool:

Watch everything as if you were there on their Livestream! ENJOY!!!

~MAH~

During the presentation for 4r8, they mentioned everyone would be able to use it tonight. … I wonder if that means it’s already done and ready to drop?

i cant wait for 4R8!

will there be a Gizmo repository? i think i will make my zbrush gizmo like ue4/3ds max, but with a few changes. i like gizmos that only take up 1 quadrant, made out of quarter circles, instead of full circles. i think thinner/larger gizmos are better because they don’t block the view of your model, and they are less likely to be accidentally clicked on. every gizmo i have used has been bright saturated red/green/blue/yellow, and i would love to try a more muted color scheme so its less distracting. i hope we can make separate gizmo parts for local transforms and world space transforms, on the same gizmo, and i hope we can add arbitrary macros to the gizmo, instead of being limited to transform commands.

anyone have their ideal gizmo planned out?

i cant wait to see more about the 3D chisel brushes… do they change the topology or just move it around? does it work with negative shapes, like eye sockets and ear holes, or does it ignore everything below the plane?

and the regular chisel brush looks awesome, but seems alot like the layer brush… is there a difference? maybe the chisel brush can do undercuts? ill have to test it out on some hard surfaces props, it looks great for panel lines.

maybe ZBrushCentral should host a sci-fi prop competition when they release 4R8… i would love to see what people can do with the new tools.

I have no experience with gizmo’s, but I do have a custom pop-up menu with basic things like size, intensity, backface masking, basic brushes and some extra commands like mirror and weld etc.

What would the advantage of a gizmo be?

A gizmo allows you to easily manipulate subtools, unmasked areas or polygons/edges/vertices. You’ve got move, scale and rotate in one easy-to-use visual aid.

The Transpose line has its talents, but it’s not as straightforward as a transform gizmo.

What I really hope is that the gizmo remembers the orientation of a subtool, making it work in local object space if you want, next to world space. I also hope it will adjust to normal(s) direction when working with ZModeler.

Two things i’m thinking about here:

1. The transform gizmo is awesome. I’m also hoping the gizmo will have an origin and snapping features, so you can snap the origin to a polygon or snap to grid and then select polys / vertices and move / snap them to another polygon etc. This is what i’m missing from modelling in Max/Maya the absolute most.

2. Another thing is the boolean operation which is gonna be game changing for poly modelling. I’m just curious if there will be an additive mode as well where you instead of subtracting can add two meshes and not have any points inside the new, unified, hull (maybe something like with DynaMesh but without the topology slaughter).

What do you think?

Cheers!

@Sephiroth - there is already boolean union in zbrush via the remesh function as you are describing - so it’s very unlikely union/additive booleans wouldn’t be in the new live boolean

Did I miss the R8 release announcement?

@Garee No you didn’t. hehe. We’re still waiting for it.

Cool. I’D hate to miss out on the cool new toys. Knowing Pico, they’ll toss more in there as well.

If I recall, the last one was Jan 24th or so.

Ssh… If you silently listen, you can hear the universe whisper that ZBrush 4R8 will be Pixologic’s New Year’s Day present. :slight_smile:

Nah… I think they take the whole last half of Dec off, and they don’t work on holidays or weekends.

I’m fine with waiting… I need to install zbrush on my new gaming PC I got from “Santa” for Christmas. It has more RAM and horsepower than my old desktop or surface 4 pro, so zbrush should run great on it.

Sounds good. I can recommend a Wacom Cintiq for the ultimate ZBrush love.

Did I miss any update on 4R8? It seems like ages since the announcement.

^You didn’t miss anything, just forget about it… :wink: