ZBrushCentral

IT'S HERE!: ZBrush Summit 2016

live stream is down.
will ZBrushCore replace Sculptris?

Unfortunately, I’ve pretty much missed the entirety of the first 2/3 of the summit, especially today, as i’ve had a pretty rough one on a personal level.

But having just read the article on cgcentral, i was rather surprised to see the info about 4r8, but some of the new features in that article, i’m really liking the look of: namely, the custom gizmos that function the same way they do in other DCC apps (according to that article), and we’ll be able to create our own custom ones too? Impressive. Proper gizmos like these is something zbrush has needed for a long time (no more messing around with transpose!).

Now all it has to do is leave behind the whole “2.5D” thing, and go full “3D” with a proper standard unit measurement system (no more porting models into modo only to find they’re nearly microscopic), hopefully that’ll be in Z5.

And while Zcore looks interesting, I think i’ll pass on it, I already have the full package, plus feature limitations would potentially be an issue.

I just bought a new zbrush. Thanks you pixologic for the discount. Now I wait for zbrush 4.8 release :wink:

And while Zcore looks interesting, I think i’ll pass on it, I already have the full package, plus feature limitations would potentially be an issue.

I think the Core is aimed at new users who have limited needs, there is no reason other than maybe wanting cheaper licences to buy core, it would be way to limited to current users.

4r8 looks to be a nice free bonus, something that we wouldnt have got if they had went to v5 without paying for upgrade, so we get to use some of v5 for free, that cant be bad, although I was hoping for v5 this year. I do find it odd how nothing was mentioned officially in this forum about 4r8 after it was announced at the summit, as now there is just odd dribs and drabs of info hidden in comments. I had to go to Google to search it, found CGChannel.com. they linked the video in which I had to manualy forward it, thats a messy way to get the news out to thoes who missed the summit.

dan

Indeed! Aurick said as much here. It doesn’t replace anything, it’s simply another option.

I’m sure there will be an official announcement this week along with demo footage from the Summit. Right now the staff is at the Summit, and probably very busy. They have to make sure the folks who show up for that get their money’s worth. They never officially announce anything on ZBC on the weekend anyway.

Always such an exciting time of year!

Will there be uploads to watch for those of us who couldn’t attend the live stream? I know there usually is, just wondering when and where they’ll be available. thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/pixologic/videos/all

Zbrush4R8 Update Presentation:

https://www.twitch.tv/pixologic/v/92246866?t=08h57m20s

Anyway, real-time Boolean is very cool. i like it.

When to release zbrush? Do you have the schedule?

Thanks a bunch!

Cool event…

Thx… Cheers…

http://www.cgchannel.com/2016/10/pix…es-zbrush-4r8/

Thanks for the link!

Transform Gizmo!!! OMG OMG OMG… :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:D:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:D

So going to change my ZBrushing life!!!

You know, that’s the downside of every time Pixo announces a new Zbrush update. There I was perfectly happy in R7, and now all I can think of is man that Gizmo sure would come in handy right now. Now I resent R7 for being Gizmo-less. :wink:

The updates in 4r8 are great. What can I say. It is Pixologic…:smiley:

Superb updates, and FREE (again!) to existing users! Thank you Pixologic team!

P.S. Can`t wait for full Summit recap a-la last year.

I AGREE ~ Thanks to the entire Pixologic team! It was great to be able to stream the event globally. From my corner of the world–to Gnomon–I was able to share in a great Summit Weekend, that otherwise, I would only be able to wonder about from afar. I learned a lot and look forward to all that’s new in 4R8! Woo Hoo!!:cool:

Add some UI improvements and fully customizable navigation to this newest release (3dCoat did it perfectly cough), call it ZB5, and I’ll happily pay for the upgrade =D
Rest can come later.

I really hope 4R8’s transform gizmo is also usable for ZModeler, auto-changing its orientation to the average normals direction of selected elements, as an option next to other orientation types, such as world orientation. That’d be great.

I really hope 4R8’s transform gizmo is also usable for ZModeler

YES! According to Paul Gaboury. Tomas Wittelsbach W 02:09:00 http://livestream.com/pixologic/2016ZBrushSummit/videos/137587496

Cool, thanks! I’d never have found that in the hours of ZBrush Summit footage. :slight_smile:

This could not have turned out better, 4R8 with live boolean operations? and proper transform gizmos?!
Pixologic never disappoints, now take all the time you need to make Z5 a true miracle.
If anyone has youtube footage of conference post link please.