ZBrushCentral

Is there a way to create a mirror morph

Hi,

Need a way to create an exact replica of the image below (obj) but mirrored but not messing with the how the obj is wound or ordered? It’s a morph target I’m trying to figure out how to do but all my attempts in other programs and scripts turned up less than satisfactory results.

Example using on script it mirrored it but left the left side there too so it just created a mess when the morph was dialed up.

Another example, coming from ZBrush itself using the Mirror option under the Deformation panel did mirror it to the other side but in the program I’m using the morph the morph basically reversed everything so the pentacle and necklace chain ended up inside out and morphed DOWNwards rather than up and to the side. Not what I’m after.

Any luck making this happen within ZBrush?

Thanks so much!

image_2021-07-09_112340 MirrorMorphRIght

So a friend pointed out there is a way to mirror in ZBrush using the Sub Tool Master > Mirror but

Well see the results below imported as a morph target into Poser and applied to my necklace as the “right lift” morph. It’s literally turned all the way around and is off center. So it’s not really what I’m after here. Recreating this morph will be such a headache, I was hoping that this was truly a mirror and not a turn around mirror!

Sorry, seems, on my end at least, that the MP4 upload is broken or something.

Hi @RAMWolff ,

You are right i can’t to read the video, but I come to you with a workaround I found to mirror a morph. note that I haven’t try with local symmetry.

So I give you the stepping of how i did proceed with a sphere3d

1. Create a morph and use move topological brush to move the Left side of the Sphere.
  2. stop the layer record mode
  3. use smart Resym on the proper axis
  4. now go back to layers and duplicate your morph then merge down.

It will not work in every case as Smart ReSym works only on mesh created in ZBrush with symmetry enable and the same apply on model imported too.

Check the documentation on the deformation for the Smart Resym.

This button can be used on a mesh which was originally created with mirror symmetry, whether created in ZBrush or imported from another source, even if large-scale distortion has occurred.

Hope it helps!
Nicolas