ZBrushCentral

Is there a way adjust to the pop up area tolerance

Hello all…

I am fairly new to Zbrush and have been looking for way to customize
the experience to be more inline to what I am use to in other software.

One of those areas is the pop up menu rate/tolerance of disappearing
when the cursor moves out of the active area. The problem is both in
precision and location; I am currently using a Cintiq 24…sometimes while
idle thinking or waiting to select something…my hand drifts. With the menu
having such a low pixel tolerance (1px)…it closes. Next is location, this seems
to happen with all the pop up menu; A menu appears aligned with its top center located close to the cursor, which can again cause frustration with it closing.

I do understand as time goes on I will get use to this…both at the tablet and software level, but right now it is frustrating. It also seems to not be consistent; Menus launched with the function keys seem to not be affected by this quirk, but the brush and [space/right-click menu] are.

SPECS:
Windows 10 21H1
128gigs (Ram), TR 3790x, x2 2080 TI (Driver V. Studio 471.41)
Wacom Cintiq 24, Driver V. 6.3.43-3
Zbrush 2021.6.6

Hello @play.logic

There are a number of controls related to the opening, closing, speed and persistence of palettes in Preferences > UI.

I’m not aware of any that apply to the brush pop up. If you move your cursor off of the pop up, or if your cursor is drifting for some reason while you work, then the menu will disappear. Normally given the size of that menu, this isnt much of a problem. However, in the event that it is, just press B again. The pop up will return instantly.

You may instead want to create your own custom palettes. Custom palettes can be docked and are subject to the various preference settings. The following video illustrates how to create both custom palettes and custom pop ups.

The following page has additional information on the customizing of the ZBrush UI:
Custom Interface | ZBrush Docs