ZBrushCentral

Is there a Dynamic SubDiv SubTool Master?

Looking for a way to lo/Hi Dynamic SubDiv all Sub Tools for all visible SubTools.

Hi Sadicus,

There’s an excellent plugin by Eric Blondin called E Tools which includes a functionality to toggle Dynamic Subdivisions, but it applies this change to all subtools, not only the visible ones.

You can find it here.

You can also use the equally excellent ZRepeat It plugin from the official Pixologic site.
The caveat is that it can record a toggle off action and toggle on action separately. You’d have to edit the script to make it a toggle on/off. It’s a bit more advanced and I’m not versed in scripting enough to edit it for you.

hope this helps
cheers

1 Like

Very helpful! Do you know if E Tools works with ZB2019.2?
I don’t mess with code, but I’ll check out ZRepeat It.

No problem. I didn’t check every function of E Tools, but at least Dynamic Subs Toggle seems to work without problems on ZB 2019.1.2.

cheers

Thanks for checking, Dynamic Subs Toggle is all that is needed so that’s good to know.

Hey guys! I was just about to reply to this thread and tell you to try out my tools when I saw Sadicus’ reply :slight_smile:

I can update it to have an alt click functionality to work on visible subtools if you would like. I don’t really ever get any feedback or requests on it which is why it’s in the state that it’s in but I’m happy to update it if people find it useful.

As far as I know there are no issues with it and zbrush 2019.1.2

That would be helpful! I’ve only tried the Dynamic Subs Toggle and it works as expected, thanks!

It would be pretty cool indeed (especially if it’s not too much work for you Eric).

cheers

@RafalZ I have updated my plugin to version 1.6.0 and updated several things and fixed several bugs. I also created a new button under E Tools > Tool > called “Dynamic SubDiv Toggle Visual”. This will toggle dynamic subdivs on and off for all visible subtools.

Cheers

1 Like

That’s awesome, thank you!

Have a nice rest of the week man!
cheers

I had no idea there was that many tools, thank you! The bumpMat sounds interesting, any workflow tutorials on this?