ZBrushCentral

Is it possible to move multiple subtools without merging them?

Hi all!
I just wanted to know if it was possible to select and move multiple sub-tools without having to merge them? Basically, like linking layers in Photoshop.

I’m asking because I want to move a model’s head and hair at the same time, without having to merge the hair to the head. Hope that makes sense!

No but it’s not difficult to do what you want:

1. Select the subtool you want to move.
  2. Turn on Move mode so that the 3D Gizmo is showing.
  3. Click+drag one of the arrows to move the subtool the amount you want. Only do one movement.
  4. Now select the next subtool you want to move in the subtool list (or use the up or down arrow on the keyboard) and press ‘1’ on the keyboard.

The hotkey ‘1’ is for the Stroke>Modifiers>Replay Last button. What this does is replays the last action you performed. But be careful because if the last action was rotating the mesh by click+dragging the background that is what will be replayed. Do a test run so that you understand how it works!

Ahhh sweet!! Thanks Marcus!!

Hmmm…Ok, I tried it, step by step, but every time I switch to a different sub-tool, my 3D gizmo jumps to a different spot. Is there something I may have missed?

This could just be my software too; I’m currently waiting on tech support to get me a reinstallation

My error - I should have said you need to make sure the Gizmo is positioned at the origin before you start:

For each subtool, hold Alt and click the little house icon on the Gizmo. This will set the Gizmo at the origin and all your subtools should now move relative to that.

Thanks again Marcus!

I would assign a polygroup to each mesh, merge them and then split them by masking.

Thanks for the tip!:+1:

Step 1. Put all the SubTools in one folder.

Step 2. Select the Gear icon in the right side of the Folder icon. (Folder Actions menu)

Step 3. Select “Transpose Set”.

Step 4. Have fun. This part is important.

1 Like

Actually you can transform multiple SubTools at once!

If you activate the Transform Gizmo click the right-most icon in its line of icons to toggle on “Transform all selected subtools”. Now all subtools will move together!

2020-02-17%2010_58_52-ZBrush

You can Ctrl+Shift-click subtools to toggle if they are included (or simply toggle their visibility in the subtool palette).

2 Likes