ZBrushCentral

Introducing Quadmixer

We recently presented at the last Siggraph Asia a novel technique called “QuadMixer”, it is similar to MeshMixer but works wit Quad Meshes.

QuadMixer is a novel interactive technique to blend between base quad meshes preserving the majority of the original layouts. Our blending process is reliable and extremely efficient, which makes it perfectly integrable into an in real-time modelling system. Quadmixer allows to smoothly compose different quadrilateral meshes keeping as much as possible all the layout in the areas which are not involved in the operation. In other words, we enable for reusing of the previous work performed by the artist in the retopology/modelling phase. To demonstrate its practical advantages, we integrated our method in an interactive application.

You can have a look Quadmixer here:

https://youtu.be/mOgC8lFE6tI

Do you think such technology would be useful in ZBrush? I am very interested in contacting some researcher/developer in the Zbrush team to start some nice collabouration

Nico

Hi @Nico_Pietroni Welcome to ZBC

I would love to see this implemented into ZBrush. You should definitely make a pitch to the ZBrush developers.

Hi @zber2 I am trying desperately to contact them… I can’t find any info on R&D or development team online! do you guys have any contact that would be useful for me to start talking and collabourating I will be super happy!

@Nico_Pietroni

The best way would be through Pixologic Support. Go to that link and click “Start a conversation” in the upper right side of the page. Include the link to your video. Good luck! I really hope they like what you have to offer.

1 Like

Thans @zber2… I just followed your advice
N

No problem Nico. Maybe @aurick can help you out with this also.