ZBrushCentral

inside a zsphere

One curve with multiple branches no, but you can do a couple of things about that.

• First is draw your trunk.
  • Then figure out which end is the "Start" of your curve, if you need to redraw it.
  • Now turn on the Lock Start button in the Curve pallet under the Stroke pallet.
  • Hit the 5 key (this makes a copy of the original curve) and drag from the other End (or anywhere you like).
  • Now the fun bit.
  • Drag the base of the new curve out along your trunk, scale it if you need to.
  • In the Depth Pallet in the Brush Menu push the Depth down if needed so the base of your new branch sinks into the trunk.

Having Snap on is very helpful for parts of this but infuriating as well at times so turn it on and off as needed.

• With Snap off you can make a curve, delete the thing you drew it onto using PolyGroups and the SplitGroup thingy in the SubTool Pallet.
  • Then draw a branch on the trunk, adjust as needed.
  • Click OUTSIDE the curve line thingy on the trunk. This "drops" your branch.
  • Now draw another branch and click out side of it anywhere to drop it.

Same things here, adjust the depth and screw with Snap, both are great. Also being able to lock the Start and/or the End of your curves is AWESOME.

Is that helpful?

i tell you … its mind boggling how many ideas that come into place with all the tools available now…!! i just wish my brain could catch up …

i will keep playing around until it gets ingrained…

many thanks Mealea :smiley:

just having some issues with the insert mesh brush… it wont scale up when i draw out a mesh … all i get is one size … any ideas?

at the moment, i am just using the insert mesh brush and not the curve one. i exported a low poly sphere from maya and made a brush from it then tried to populate a flat surface with spheres but it just snaps to one size for some reason… its worked B4

Works fine here. What about transpose scale and/or Tool > Deformation > Size? Do they not work as well? And are you sure curve mode is turned off in the stroke menu?

when i put curve mode on the stroke works fine … its just with single spheres thats the problem… transpose , deformation no effect… the sphere just will not go any bigger, it will go smaller , but it will not go past a certain size, is there some sort of scale clipping going on? i had similar issues with the move brush you had to keep resetting the brushes because they just didnt have any effect on the mesh, (but thats something else.!!)

hey hey just a quicky … using the insert sphere mesh brush… thats for looking…

green_glow_egg2.jpg

thank you M…

now for “snap to surface” when drawing out zspheres.! please…!!

hey hey , heres another in the works… mainly using insert brush and zspheres still a wip at the mo’…

Ravine_new_1.jpg

Attachments

Ravine_new_1.jpg

hey hey,
just another render of this scene, will probably make a fly-through for this. having fun with the insert/curve brush…

ravine_lowa.jpg

Attachments

ravine_lowa.jpg

OOO…OOOW … LOOK another render , :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

Attachments

Wow, this is just so beautyfull, what you are doing.

I think you use mental ray right?

Since this is existing as a plugin for c4 d also, though quite costly and their website is still looking a bit handmade
up to now- i am thinking about achieving it, when i am seeing your work.

I would need it for animation and not being too steep a learningcurve to get started with.

Don’t know, if maybe c4ds physical renderer would be up to this task also.
also having a look at v-ray and maxwell.
A pity z-brush bpr cannot be used for animation work except inside z-brush.

Well a bit off topic by now, nevertheless i would be gratefull, if you would share your “two cents” on that?

thanks dude…

not really sure what you are asking. do you want to use MR for rendering? I havent used Cinema4D very much so i am unfamiliar with the render there,as i use Maya . Personally i would luv to get my hands on one of the main industry renderers like Renderman. If you can find out from the main animation companies that have there own inhouse renderers to see if any new ones are coming into the “public” domain, but usually if that happens they are VERY expensive. Also dont forget, that all animation is are lots of still images, so if you really want to put the work in you can even animate in photoshop. this way you can come up with your own “look”. Renderers are great , but you spend ALOT of time trying to make it not look like its been rendered with MR etc…:sunglasses:

:D:D:D hey hey guys , wasssup?.. just a drive by … doin some other work ,
quick render:

plant_e.jpg

Attachments

plant_e.jpg

these are really cool and unusual, excellent work i love when the use of zbrush brings new form and ideas far from the typical 3d game models
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

hehehe that already exists!
Open the Stroke menu, look under Curves and you will see a button that says Snap.
Also these last things you have been doing are wonderful.

Cheers!
Mealea

maybe i am wrong but when you draw out zspheres it doesnt “snap” to the surface as your making a new mesh with them and they dont know about the underlying subtool you are using to draw off on turning on snap has no effect…:wink:

just been playing around with the noise plugin and i was trying to create some noise from an alpha, now i noticed that the alpha gets projected from whatever angle the camera is when doing 3D mode , this causes the alpha to get stretched at the edges. Now , without haveing to make UVs is there a way to project the alpha evenally over the surface?

hi de hi,
just wondering if anyone know show to expand the camera clipping plane as i am getting a dissapearing mesh when i try to zoom in close … ?

cheers

Make your object GIGANTIC.
I have that problem all the time and it makes me crazy.
Once you are done working on it you can zap it back to normal size.