ZBrushCentral

Independent positioning of NanoMesh in Edit Screens

Hello

Please tell me if there is a way to independently control the scaling and positioning of the 3D model in each of the separate screens in NanoMesh Edit mode?

I want to create a wicker cube. I use NanoMesh for this to place the model on each side of the cube, and I need to very accurately bring the parts of the model to the corners.
But for some reason, in both Edit Screens, the model is scaled and rotated simultaneously.
In addition, the part of the model that I’m editing is significantly smaller than the same part on the full version of the model.

I need to set a certain angle of view for the full version of the model and edit NanoMesh in another screen with the possibility of independent positioning from the first screen.
Is it possible to do this?

Any ideas?

Don’t developers visit this forum?
It seems to me that this is some kind of functional problem.
If the opportunity I need is not in the program at the moment, then just say it so that I do not waste time experimenting.

But please do it in the next releases. Since the editing option of NanoMesh is very useful …but the inability to independently position the screens negates this feature.

Hello @MonacoFelice

ZBrush doesn’t currently support multiple cameras being active at once. There are different ways to store camera positions for quick recall. These include:

1. The Universal Camera feature

2. The ZApp Link menu. This function is also duplicated someplace else in the program if I recall correctly, but can’t remember where off the top of my head. Bonus points to anyone who wants to come dunk on old Spyndel here :wink:

They do! But it is not a reliable way to communicate with them. These are the community boards, and it’s mostly a place for users to help other others with usage questions.

If you’d like to submit a feature request directly to the developers of ZBrush, the Pixologic Support site is the place to do that. They have much better tools there for tracking this kind of information and seeing that it gets into the hands of the people who actually develop the program.

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your answer, SPYNDEL

Yes, I understand that this is forum for the art community …but you know, sometimes we spend an incredible amount of time trying to find an opportunity to do something in a seemingly logical and obvious way, …but when that’s not possible, just answers are enough that “it is impossible to do it by this way” and not to waste any more time and simply go for the detour :slight_smile: