ZBrushCentral

In loving memory of Filoppo

Hey guys,

Last week a great artist and a senior member of our community passed away :pensive:

Filippo Soldateschi, better known here as @filoppo, has left us at the age of 40, due to an hart attack while his father was taking him to the hospital.

It’s been already a week but I’m still shocked. He was one of my favourite artists and definitely one of the most prolific I’ve ever seen, a nice guy and a very humble person.

I still remember when I started using ZBrush and fell in love with his works.

The day I found his comment under my work was one of the happiest moment of my artistic career, and when I told him how much his appreciation meant to me, he reached me out and we stayed in touch ever since.

Today I wanted to pay tribute to him, for the great artist he was and for his kindness that I will never forget, with the hope that this great community will also pay him tribute the way he deserves.

Goodbye Filippo, you will be missed​:heart:

1 Like

I’m really sad to hear that. We were following each other on instagram. Loved his work. Shocked to see he suddenly died!

1 Like

Same here :pensive:
It really makes you think how uncertain is our life and how important is to live it in full, without wasting precious time.

I’m reading this now -totally shocked… .
I have been on ZBC since 2009 and have always followed and loved his artworks.
I will miss him… may he rest in peace :cry: :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for leaving your thought. I guess this is the beauty of art and to be part of a community…you don’t know an artist in person, but you feel for him as if you do. I hope he knows that we miss him here…

1 Like

That is true: you get a hint of who someone is because of the artworks they make and because of their interation with fellow artists. Filoppo was always kind and ready to share with the community. I still have a .ztl file of a sculpt he shared on my pc (the Ugly’s).
He’ll always be with us :heart: :star2:!!

1 Like