ZBrushCentral

IKeyPress command problems

I have been using IKeyPress along with various commands with general success to do things like close a dialog box generated by a button for example:

[IKeyPress,‘2’,[IPress,Tool:SubTool:Delete]]

to press the second button in the dialog box automatically. This seems to work on Zbrush native UI dialog boxes. For OS style boxes, it seems that I can automatically have the script hit enter with a command like this:

[IKeyPress,13,[IPress,Layer:Inventory:MRG]]

If I understand correctly, the first example has apostrophe’s around the number because it’s representing a non-ascii value. The 13 has no apostrophes because it’s ascii for ENTER.

In another thread, there’s a conversation about how it’s possible to enter an “n” keypress for “no” in the following example by using 110 as the ascii for n:

[IKeypress,110,[IPress,Document:New Document]]

but it doesn’t work for me. neither does trying

[IKeypress,‘110’,[IPress,Document:New Document]]

nor

[IKeypress,N,[IPress,Document:New Document]]

nor anything else I have tried. What could I be doing wrong? Is there a way to enter a “right arrow” keypress to move the focus of the dialog to the “No” before hitting enter?

Hi Ryan,

Try:

[IKeyPress,"N",[IPress,Document:New Document]]

This works consistently for me. Make sure you use straight quotes not smart quotes. You should use double quotes for letters and single quotes for numbers (referring to which button is pressed in a ZBrush dialog).

Alternatively, the ascii code for uppercase ‘N’ should also work:

[IKeyPress,78,[IPress,Document:New Document]]

Ascii codes are not put inside quotes.

-Marcus