ZBrushCentral

I want to attach a round stitch

I used Lazy Mouse.

One stroke cannot be completed once.
For that reason
The stitch will be misaligned.

Is there a way to get the stitches on the outside nicely?

Hello @beginner

Use the Lazy Mouse 2.0 feature “Lazy Snap” to continue your stroke from where you left off. In Stroke > Lazy Mouse turn up the “Lazy Snap” slider until you can do this easily. You can rotate the object as you go, drawing the line out section by section to prevent any distortion from extreme drawing angles.

To eliminate any variance from pressure sensitivity, simply draw this out with your mouse, or disable tablet pressure sensitivity in Preferences > Tablet.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

The gap was reduced by using Lazy Snap.
Thank you very much.

Next, there is a part where the stitch size is different.

It changes depending on how close or far the camera’s viewpoint is.

[dynamic on]

The stitch is small.
The stitch cannot be enlarged unless dynamic is turned off.

Is it possible to maintain the stitch size without turning Dynamic on?

There are several aspects to your problem.

The size variation in the first picture is probably a result of pressure-related size sensitivity. If a mouse is not available or not preferred, you can switch off both intensity AND size sensitivity in Preferences > Tablet , or via adjusting the curves in Brush > Tablet menu.

Switching off Draw Size Dynamic mode will not be helpful in this case. The brush will then not remain the same size in relation to your mesh, making it difficult or impossible to maintain size continuity when navigating around the mesh.

If your brush cursor is that small in relation to the mesh with the slider at maximum value, it tells me that your mesh is abnormally large in the zbrush worldspace, which can lead to many different problems. The size that produces the best results in Zbrush is a Tool > Geometry > Size> XYZ scale as close to 2 as possible. This video explains some of the reasons for this.

You can restore your mesh to this size by using Tool > Deformation > Unify on your mesh. It will re-scaled to an XYZ scale of 2, and you should now be able to increase the size of the brush much larger in relation to the mesh while still in Dynamic mode.

1 Like

【The size variation in the first picture is probably a result of pressure-related size sensitivity. If a mouse is not available or not preferred, you can switch off both intensity AND size sensitivity in Preferences > Tablet , or via adjusting the curves in Brush > Tablet menu.】

This time,
Stroke with the mouse. [dynamic off]
Still there was a gap.

next
I will try resizing.