ZBrushCentral

I only have EyeZ for you - Eye donation (Updated with textures, Materials and Lights)

By clicking and holding on the rim of the center circle ( It should stay orange, but grow thicker ) you drag the transpose line wherever you like. Do the same to either end to drag it out and stretch it.

Our you can simple click and drag a new transpose line over the subtool, and use that to move it.

Yep, Crusoe is right. The trasnpose tool only actively affects your mesh when your cursor is in the middle of one of the circles, at which point you get a white dot. Otherwise, when you click and drag, you are moving the transpose tool itself. I agree that using the transpose tool to rotate and scale a subtool is cumbersome.

Elixir: Thanks for the eyes! I used them on my Poker Demon. They came out great.

They need to be aubdivided, turned to a Polymesh and replanar project the image on them and then choose texture/colors from texture option and then the eyes can be used as a subtool in your objects.

I was gonna submit the tool, but it’s 2.5 megs…:cry:

I was able to attach a zip file with a tweaked Eye material that works well for using with the default RedWax material. It’s the one I used on the Poker Demon.

Either way, follow the above steps with Elixer’s eyes and you will have them as a ZTool for your models…:smiley:

Thanks Again, Elixir,

Dickie

Thanks Elixir for “your” eyes:D , you would probably (taking in account your master capabilites) love to make a eyes materail library :smiley:
also thanks Dickie i will take a look too.
Andreseloy

Dickie: I had delete all the sudD history in order to get within the maximum upload file size, so I am not surprised that you suggested sudD-ing them.

It sounds from your description that you HAVE found a way to put eyes as a subtool and still maintain a separate texture (in a roundabout way).

I will try you suggested way tonight, and if I have success I will post the model that I am working on. I really am having problems with the ZDepth of sudtools though, and have not had any success with placing them to date. In ZB2 if you selected the move tool and dragged the mouse outside of the model it would move cloder or further away (zdepth). Also I have to get more experience with the transpose tool as rotating in place is odd as it does not rotate about the axix of the model, but around the start point of the transpose tool.

ANyway thanks Dickie for your suggestion.

Andreseloy: I have thought for a while that we should have libraries of props etc… perhaps eyes would be a good starting point.

One possible solution would be to get 1 eye (as it’s own subtool) in the
location you want (maybe by tool->deformation->offset) then clone it,
append as another subtool (the clone), then mirror it in the appropriate axis.
Kinda learned that possibility from this video and link:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=43923&page=3

haven’t tried it yet, but it should be an option (it’s too bad you can’t
interactively see your effects of the deformation sub-palette :frowning:
undo after each attempted move really bites into smooth workflow).

I totally agree about the deformation palette. The fact that it is trial an error really makes it awkward, not to mention that the slider seems to be on a hair trigger and you have very little control. Typing in a value is the only really successful approach, and even with that I found that I had to slide it first to open-up the numeric entry field.

Oh well. I still love ZB. I have never used anything that is as addictive.

As far as the multi-texture goes (Poda) I am going to try it now and I will post my result if it is successful.

To clarify a point I made earlier; I said that I was having issues with adjusting zdepth as it seams to have changed between ZB2 and ZB3. In a subtool approach it works reasonably well because you can rotate all the models together and move it in a side view. The fact that I was even resorting to a Marker approach was as a result of the texture problem on subtools. Perhaps all will becone clear tonight, Fingers crossed.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the great eyes :+1: :+1:

Ok. I am trying to get the texture to work and I have come across a VERY annoying bug.

I set the tex>col to make the texure remain on the tool, BUT if in the process of moving it around the canvas, you should wish to undo… say goodbye to the texture and start over.

I think I will have something though before I hit the sack.

Is your mrgb buttom on ?
Andreseloy

So here is the result of my playing with the tex>col and sub-tools. The trick, it would seem, is to make sure that the model is subD’d enough that when you convert the tex>col it still looks the same as the original texture.

Thanks again to Dickie for solving the multi-texure riddle.

I fiddled a little with the polypaint, but haven’t got very far (no hair color for one). Anyhoo here she is:

Kerley.jpg

Hey you do in very good way!!!

What was the main tip from Dickie you mention?
Andreseloy

The tip from Dickie is that in order for your different subtools to keep thier original texture you have to select Tool>Texture then tex>col. which essentially grabs the color info off of the original texture and applies it as a color instead. Of course you have to have colorize checked in the texture palette of the tool menu.

Ah, ok! also the MRGB have to be on? right!
Thanks Elixir
Andreseloy

Why does MRGB have to be on?

Elixer, that looks great so far. Nice start.

If you want that each subtool take specific color and material .
Andreseloy

Andreseloy: Yes you area right about the MRGB, but you have to be careful about the order in which you put the tools together and assign color.

It was a little confusing to start, but I am getting the hang of it now.

The tex>col optiion really holds the key to subtool coloring.

Thanks Poda for the kind words :slight_smile:

:ex: Thanks for sharing… Here’s something for the ‘Eyes’ category of your Morgue… a small Iris image collection … (Zip -219kb - contains all)…

Cheers -Tom

crtiris_blue.JPG

Attachments

iris_collection.zip (220 KB)

crtiris_bluerough.JPG

crtiris_brown_asia.JPG

crtiris_deepblue.JPG

crtiris_deepgreen.JPG

crtiris_rustygreenblueyellow.JPG

crtiris_dkbrown_asia.JPG

crtiris_mint.JPG

crtiris_steelblue_autumn.JPG

crtiris_rustedturquoise.JPG

tb66K1:

Those are fantastic. They will be veru useful. The second one looks very similar to the iris I used for my eyes. Mine was a combination of photoRef and PhotoShop.

Again, thanks. :slight_smile: