ZBrushCentral

I am shocked how well ZBrush is running on a new MacBook Air with M1

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much. A demanding app running through Rosetta 2 on the tiniest of Macs with 8GB RAM and without a fan - what could possibly go wrong?

Turns out, it just works, smoothly. Performance is great, with no lag using a Wacom Intuos Pro (also through Rosetta 2). I haven’'t had a single crash in a week, just fun sculpting (mostly on battery), among other things.

I am impressed. And very much looking forward to a native ARM64 version.

4 Likes

Getting mine with 16gb ram in a week or so. Looking forward to it. Was worried about losing the eGpu support, but the m1 performance looks pretty great.

Thanks for the post.

1 Like

How fast was Your order processed? I am currently on a testing machine, the “real” one is due … well worst case january.

How. much polygons its can handle? How smooth it is? ~My MacBook Pro 2017. died at 8 millions…

I tried the searchlight scene and dynameshed a piece, resulting in some 5. mill. polys or so.

After I turned off the video I went crazy and duplicated / subdivided until I reached almost 39 mill. polys. Where performance is choppy, with maybe 3 or 4 fps.

1 Like

wow , happy to find something about m1 mac

I’m thinking of buying m1 mac mini in combination with ipad , so it becomes a mobile setup.

I want to use it for zbrush and keyshot. because keyshot for zbrush has vr support.

Anybody able to link an oculus quest to m1 mac , possibly with an egpu.

I do use zbrush and keyshot daily , but my files are not that heavy. Allready quite happy with late 2015 16gb ram imac. But i do want a faster setup , hoping to be able to buy a mac mini and an egpu and have a consirably faster setup for less money than my Imac.

Any thoughts?

That’s great news! So happy to hear that zbrush is running well on the M1 and it’s not even native yet. I hope the native version is coming soon enough.
I am about to get the base model m1 mac mini to test things out first before I completely switch back to Mac again!

Is now Zbrush Native for Apple: chip M1 and M2 ?
[[ september 2023]]