ZBrushCentral

Howling

cool~~~~!!!:+1:

Great image! But Top Row? Hmmm.

Whatā€™s wrong with the image? I think itā€™s well done. It captures a creature in an action shot. The colors are wonderful. If anything it looks very ā€¦ alive.
Iā€™m just curious why the ā€œHmmmā€

excellent creature!

great work sir!
Congrats on the Top Row! love the detailing on the character!

very nice, all around job. thanks for sharing!

Because, while it is a striking image, some of the best aspects of it were, according to the artist himself, done in Photoshop. Itā€™s a nifty sculpt and render, donā€™t get me wrong. But Iā€™ve seen SO many fabulous images lately that have been overlooked for Top Row (like this one: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?917921&p=917921&viewfull=1#post917921 )

i think that both sculpts deserves top row, why choose only one?

Well done Eric, youā€™ve turned a perfectly good thread about admiring a good sculpt into yet ANOTHER top row or not top row discussion. Good Job.

I remember you doing the exact same thing here (post#20) and that turned out to be a thread of epic proportions. A bit of tact maybe?

Oh and before I forget, awesome work. Well done on the Top Row. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

awesome work, love the design of this creature

Fantestic Stuffā€¦Congr8sā€¦

Congratz! Excellent BPR render!
Would love to see BPR passes/breakdown! While BPR has great potential it never seemed that easy or intuitive for me to assemble shaders with it, and the more breakdowns/tutorials the better.

Great sculpt and presentation. :+1: And who cares if he finished the comp in photoshopā€¦it is absolutely normalā€¦I would find it strange if he didnā€™t. The goal is a great picture, moving or stillā€¦it always involves a 2d package.
Congrats on top row

Diggin the creature! Cool design and poly paint! Big fan of the Emperor Palpatine image on your site.:cool:

Thank you, kaisasose, I am suitably admonished. (And goodness gracious, Iā€™ve stirred the pot many, many more times than that post you referenced, was that all you could find?)

Seriously though, Iā€™m just expressing my opinion. The vast majority of my posts are exceedingly complimentary, especially in Top Row posts. I stand by my comment, and Iā€™m not afraid if Iā€™m the only one.

By the way, kaisasose, I LOVE your artwork. Terrific skill.

And again, this is a marvelous image!

simply Great job!! loved the pose tho its just a bust sculpt:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great work keep going

Good design and good render, however it makes me chuckle somewhat 'cause I imagine him letting out a supreme burp. This is by no means a discredit to your work, it is quite excellent.

As Darth Vader would say, ā€œImpressive. Most impressive.ā€ :smiley:

Excellent monster design. I especially love the BPR render and polypaint. Good compositing too. Thanks for sharing, you gave me some ideas on how to paint a creature Iā€™m currently working on which I was having trouble with.

Thank you everybody! Iā€™m happy to get a lot of comments.
I think everyone has amazing skills on this forum so I also can understand that negative comment.
Anyway, here is element

I painted color and material with polypaint.
Then when I rendered this image turned on SmoothNormals button and I used Materials Blend-Radius.
render.jpg
these are new feature of ZBrush4R2.
quote from Pixologic

• Smooth Normal feature softens polygon edges when rendering, without needing to subdivide.
  • Material Blending renders materials with smooth transitions between them.