ZBrushCentral

How to save Ztool History?

How to save a Ztool’s History?

When working on a sculpt, I do have a History. I can scroll back to the very beginning. This is super cool, amazing feature.

However, when a Ztool is saved, and after zbrush was closed, and you load a ztool, the hisotry of the mesh screation is gone.

Is there any way to “keep” the history when loading a ztool again?

Thx a bunch for any help and ideas!

Hello @FattyBull

Thank you very much.
The project file you are refering, is it the ztool itself?

The project file saves the ztool plus any other settings you might have associated with it.

by project file yoy mean the Document file?
ahh… I guess you are refering to the File, save as… .zpr file format.

thank you so much, appreciate it!

But one more point to that.
When I close Zbrush, those settings are gone and I do have to redo when launching Zbrush again.

The save as Startup Doc doesn’t save the settings.
Is there a way to save the settings, sooo… when launching Zbrush again, I don’t have to redo those steps?

Try “Preferences > Config > Store Config”.

2024-03-11 17_10_17-Greenshot

Thank you soooo much, appreciate your help!!!

But, it doesn’t work. Lol;
When I Click Store Config, and I restart Zbrush, I need to check File–> Undo Hitory over and over again.

I guess, how it works is:
When you save a project, you need to make sure that the Undo Histroy is “activated” while saving the project file.

Then it stores it. But if you miss it, no chance to recall the history.

Yes, there are some things in ZBrush that will not store with the config. Normally, in that case, you would add a line to your “DefaultZScript.txt” file. In this case, the command would be [IPress,File:UndoHistory] , but even that doesn’t work for this particular item. The only thing I could suggest is that you move that button to a convenient spot where it would be obvious and easy to see. If you don’t know how to do that then…

1. To enable layout customization, you must turn on Preference>Config:Enable Customize

2. Once that has been turned on, you hold down the Ctrl + Alt keys to tell ZBrush that you want to move items around. With Ctrl + Alt held down, you simply click and drag an item to move it to its new home. ZBrush tells you that you’ve found a valid location for an item by drawing a bounding box around the location as you get close to it.

3. After moving it to where you want, you would then go back to Preference>Config:Enable Customize and disable it.

4. Finally, you will have to store the config (Preferences>Config>Store Config) or just press Ctrl+Shift+I.

Note: Moving the button to another location does not remove it from it’s original location. It just makes a copy of it.

1 Like

Thank you Zber2, thank you so much, appreciate all your input!