ZBrushCentral

How to make model completely transparent with Camera Background Image?

I love the camera Channels/LoadImage/ModelOpacity on/off button and slider, but am unable to make the model completely transparent to compare with the unobscured reference images. Even with “model Opacity” button toggled “OFF.”

Is a completely invisible model possible?
Or some other easy way to Hide/Show visible subtools so one can easily toggle between 100% ref image and 100% sculpt? Use the visibility Set buttons perhaps?

Even with the ModelOpacity set to 1 (with the slider) or ModelOpacity set to “Off” (MO button) way too much of the reference image is obscured by the model.

Ideas appreciated, Thank you

ZB 2022.0.5 Mac OS

Hello @artmaker ,

You can’t make an active subtool completely invisible. As long as it is selected, it will override the visibility toggle and appear on the screen. You can hide the geometry, but some portion of geometry will always remain visible.

You could simply create custom views with the model both centered and out of the way, then hotkey them and switch when you want to quickly move the model out of the way.

You may also prefer using Spotlight instead for this, as this will let you manipulate the opacity of the reference image itself. In this way a reference image can be made to 100% obscure the model.

:slightly_smiling_face:

@spyndel Sorry for the delayed response.
Thanks for the clarification and suggestions.
Spotlight functionality is really what I want but the images dont stay aligned to the mesh and camera – and using spotlight with multiple reference views is very difficult.
Using reference views I find that the lag when switching between custom views (to hide the subtool) makes it difficult to see the differences between the sculpt and reference.

BUT I just found this plugin which does exactly what I need.
I am loving it.
Ref Switcher
Switch the references paired with the custom camera angles with one hotkey

Thanks again!