ZBrushCentral

How to make cycle switch for another hotkey that was setted? (and some noobs questions)

I made small zscript to cycle brushes, for examle this:

[IButton,“ZPlugin:MyButtons:cycle:button9:TrimAd_TrimDyn”,“cycle Trim Adaptive/Trim Dynamic”,
[If,[MemGetSize,CyclPlsh1],
[MVarDef,CyclPlsh1,1,0][MVarSet,CyclPlsh1,0,0]]
[VarSet,CurCyclPlsh1,[MVarGet,CyclPlsh1,0]]

[If,CurCyclPlsh1==0,
[IPress,Brush:TrimAdaptive]
[Note,“TRIM ADAPTIVE”,0.2],]

[If,CurCyclPlsh1==1,
[IPress,Brush:TrimDynamic]
[Note,“TRIM DYNAMIC”,0.2],]

[If,CurCyclPlsh1>=1,
[VarSet,CurCyclPlsh1,0]
[MVarSet,CyclPlsh1,0,CurCyclPlsh1],
[MVarSet,CyclPlsh1,0,CurCyclPlsh1+1]]]

I set a hotkey for it, alt+shift+1. I would like to run this cyce if I hold down alt+shift and press key “1”. But Zbrush doesn’t reads that. Zbrush is only reacts when I press alt+shift+1, not when I hold down alt+shift and press key “1”.

Moreover, I already have item with “1” hotkey.

I tried to spot “alt+shift” pressed using Preferences:Utilities and Sleep command many times but nothing works. Is it even possible in ZBrush?
And If it is possble, would it take impermissible volume of memory?

And, just to not create another topics:
Noob question №1: Is it possible to create slider, with width more than 200 pixels (or 100% of palettes/menu width? I tried to create it in zscript window (beneath botto tray) and set hotkey on it but the slider disappears after second pressing on it’s hotkey.

Noob question №2: Is it possible to create slider with step (for example) 0,01? Not 1 or 0.00001 as default ZBrush sliders. Even I set step 0,01 in slider’s code, when I drag slider’s toddler the step is 1 or 0.00001 anyway.

Noob question №3: If things higher are impossible in ZBrush, how I can break an “original” slider into some “breaking” sliders with value less then original slider (but summary values of “breaking” will be equal “original” slider)?
For example: Sculptris SubDivide size has value 25. How can I break it into “breaking” slider A (value 0.05 - 10) and “breaking” slider B (value 10 - 25), so when I set hotkey onto button what contains code and press that hotkey:

1. If Sculptris SubDivide size value is less then 10 “breaking” slider A will show under cursor;
  2. If Sculptris SubDivide size value is more then 10 “breaking” slider B will show under cursor.

Is it possible?

Sorry for so much questions and my language.

Hi,

№ 0) Shift , Ctrl and Alt hotkey combinations do not work for repeated presses with zscript plugins or macros. You need to lift and re-press all the keys each time.
№ 1) If you use ‘1’ for the slider width it will be the width of a palette. For half a palette width, use ‘0.5’ and so on.
№ 2) Sadly no, I don’t think that is currently possible.
№ 3) Again, I’m sorry but I don’t think that can be made to work but I’ll give it some thought and post something if it occurs to me.

HTH,
Marcus

1 Like