ZBrushCentral

How come when I have 200k+ active points Dynamesh automatically lowers my resolution to 50k~?

Hello all,

Beginner here and I am trying to understand how come when I try to Dynamesh over 200k+ active points it automatically reduces the active points to 50k~, thus, reduces my resolution, details and I have to do everything again?

I have tried using Zremesher but even after that, if I try to Dynamesh the same issue occurs and the resolution goes down to 50k~ active points.

In my experience, every time I have used Dynamesh, just added resolution/points and I continue normally. but for some reason when I reached 200k+ active points it takes it down to 50k~.

Hello.

Make sure to familiarize yourself with the documentation for the feature you are using. Dynamesh is a tool designed for establishing form at low to medium levels of detail. There is a practical limit for how much detail it can capture.

In order to reclaim the detail from the original high res mesh, you will have to subdivide the new mesh sufficiently to hold the detail, and project the detail from the original onto it.

Thank you! I appreciate the help!