ZBrushCentral

How can you make a SubTool transparent in the viewport?

Hi

Okay, so I know how to make a SubTool be transparent when rendering in BPR mode, but is there any way of making a SubTool transparent in the viewport? For something to be given a glass material? I have a cornea for an eye I want transparent.

I’ve tried a few MatCap and Standard materials, and then tried adjusting the Transparency slider under Material > Modifiers, which isn’t always there depending on the material, but nothing seems to happen.

Thanks

Hello @DustyShinigami,

BPR transparency is a render time effect only. The real time options for transparency in the viewport are typically meant as modeling aids, not render effects.

You can activate Edit Transparency mode with or without optional Ghost Mode located on the right side of the default UI viewport or in the Transform menu. This will make non-active subtools transparent so that you can reference the non-active subtools but still see through them to your active subtool.

There may also be options for adjusting the opacity of the active Tool when used with reference, but again this is intended as a modeling aid.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, thanks for clarifying. :slight_smile: