ZBrushCentral

How can I scale up one subtool at a time?

Hello zbrush forums.

I am attempting to scale and place an individual subtool (eyes) using Transposesmart tool, but doing so seems to always scale, rotate and move all visible subtools along with it regardless of masked parts. I can accomplish this by hiding ALL of my other subtools, but I’d like to be able to see where I am placing the eye on my model. I feel like I used to be able to do this but pressed some unknown hotkey somewhere along the line. Does anyone know what I might have done or am doing wrong here?

Hi @0motnahp0

I feel like you’re asking about a couple different things here.

The TransposeSmart brush is a masking tool. Here is a video on its use.

To use the “Transpose ALL” feature with Gizmo, for moving or scaling multiple subtools at once, enter transpose all mode, and shift ctrl click on the subtool you want to move. Shift-Ctrl click in empty canvas space to invert the selection. Subtools that appear semi-transparent with a pattern of horizontal lines are NOT part of the active selection.

By default when entering this mode, ALL visible subtools are selected. If you were to shift ctrl click in empty canvas, it would DESELECT all subtools.

Mind, there’s no purpose to using this mode if all you want to move is a single subtool. Just make the subtool active as normal and move it. By default, Gizmo only moves the active subtool.