ZBrushCentral

High Priestess

This is a project I worked on while studying at Gnomon School of VFX. The composition was inspired from a painting by the French painter Hippolyte Flandrin “a portrait of a young lady”. For the the sculpting part, I took photos of my friend Alani Jade and sculpted her using Zbrush. I painted my displacements and albedo maps in Mari using a variety of samples from Texture XYZ as well as 3D scanstore. I modeled the dress using Marvelous Designer and textured it with Substance Painter. The whole scene was then rendered with Vray in Maya and comped with nukeX. This is my first finished piece since I started my journey in digital arts. This project would have never being made possible without the mentoring of some of the best artists and instructors at Gnomon in Los Angeles. Among the many I would like to thank Tran Ma and Miguel Ortega for their patience, their incredible skills, talent and support. Merci.

6 Likes

nice work

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous project full of subtleties that make it even better. Congrats! You should be very proud Michael :slight_smile:
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jaime!