ZBrushCentral

Hi, first post, please be gentle.

This is a WIP I started this weekend. Its a heartless Faerie Queen character and I wanted a Pre-Raphaelite look to her. There’s still lots to do, but its a beginning.

ScreenHunter_23 Sep. 23 21.30.jpg

ScreenHunter_11 Sep. 23 05.23.jpg

Had a bit of a tweak around the eyes but she’s nowhere evil looking enough so I’m going to give her a snarl and blast her hair as if there’s a storm.

ScreenHunter_05 Sep. 25 04.08.jpg

Here’s the beginnings of a control console inspired by those lovely old bakelite radios. Its from one of my books, where its one of thirteen, used to open a gateway to Hell back in 1936.

ScreenHunter_38 Oct. 24 05.13.jpgScreenHunter_07 Oct. 24 02.01.jpgScreenHunter_11 Oct. 24 02.07.jpgScreenHunter_10 Oct. 24 17.54.jpg

some cool work in your thread ! nice console radio :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks, I want to make a diarama for the radios, with something horrifying going on (when I get the time).

This is a character from the same book as the Faerie Queen. The knitting needs a LOT more work.

Gammy.jpg

Somehow your thread has escaped me, until now. Love your work! So much atmosphere. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Great characters. They all look like they have stories to tell, like they have been toiling along in their lives and you jumped out and took their picture. Not just life but history. Hard to pull off, but you have done it. Well done.

Gosh, that’s very kind of you. All the characters I’ve done here are from the books I’ve written so they do have stories to tell :slight_smile:

I just wish I had more time to practice zbrush, I still haven’t downloaded the lastest upgrade yet because I know I’d want to spend days learning the new features. It’s just so addictive!

Just do it! Download it! Your mind will explode. You are very good, and have both an eye and an ear. I will have to find your books.

My children have all grown. My wife and I would take them all to the bookstore once a month so they could pick out a new book or three. Children’s books are so important. They not only entertain, but also expose them to a greater world, and of course, to great art. I am eager to take my future grandkids on that journey…If bookstores even exist then. I hope they do. Great memories.

I’m holding off downloading until I finish my latest book. Then I’ll have a bit of time to explore it and not feel guilty, can’t wait to try some of the features I’ve seen in the galleries here.

I don’t think all bookstores will ever completely disappear, but the market has changed massively within the past 5 years alone. No one in the industry really knows what’s going to happen.

Thanks again for the encouragement. I’m just an eager dabbler, so its fantastic to have such positive feedback. I’ll keep posting the odd little character and WIP and continue to be in awe of posters like yourself.:slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of your work. Your creatures have a lot of character and are extraordinarily personal and heartfelt.
And illustrating your own stories must be really absorbing, and that just translates to the viewer.
Keep it up!

such expressive creatures and critters! nice job :slight_smile:

first time i see your thread, boy i missed quite something… your work is amazing, each character is so well developped, believable, and also carefully modeled and textured. the poses and expression alone tell stories, wonderful ! so glad you were finally able to upgrade to a newer version of zbrush, me too did this only quite late, and it is fantastic to explore the new features since z2…have happy zbrushing, i am sure you will surprise us with further great characters :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words! Before I write my books I always sketch the characters first, so I know what they look like when I’m describing them, it also help to bring them to life and make them more real for me. Zbrush is now doing that in a totally new and life like way.

This is a character called The Wandering Smith, he’s a travelling tinker and a fugitive from the evil Queen of Faerie. Here is the sketch and then the zbrush head. If I had time I’d do the rest of the body too.

Attachments

smith.jpg

Wandering Smith.jpg

I’m really enjoying your works, creativity, and use of ZBRUSH to express both…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)…Luv that drawing in your last post…Always great to see great drawing skills…didn’t lose any of that great character that you captured in the drawing, in the sculpted and rendered version…Excellent…:+1:
Really looking forward to seeing more updates in here…Keep up the Great work…:slight_smile:

Glenn

Great work Robin, and good to see you here. Missed this thread until now - can’t think how.

Here’s one of an army of slimy creatures called sluglungs who live in the caves beneath Hagwood.
ScreenHunter_46 Dec. 23 04.14.jpgScreenHunter_43 Dec. 24 04.31.jpgScreenHunter_20 Dec. 24 02.50.jpgScreenHunter_38 Dec. 24 04.10.jpg

Attachments

ScreenHunter_37 Dec. 24 03.51.jpg

Haha, cute little fella :wink:

He’s a bit angrier now.

Not had much time to get any zbrushing done lately. Today I tinkered with an old character and changed the face a bit. Can’t decide if he’s better with hair or without.

ScreenHunter_69 May. 06 22.05.jpgScreenHunter_64 May. 06 21.51.jpgScreenHunter_63 May. 06 21.50.jpgScreenHunter_62 May. 06 21.48.jpgScreenHunter_57 May. 06 21.26.jpgScreenHunter_61 May. 06 21.43.jpg