ZBrushCentral

HellGrind's sketchbook

salut mec, jai vu ton travail sur cgsociety, nice man. jaime la forme generale du chaton. ^^ good job.

Hey merci ! Ton sanglier assassin est bien cool aussi, j’aime bien sa tronche notamment, chouette expression. ^^ Good job you too !

As i’m in pain on a likeness exercice, i did this little thing, playing with radial symmetry. Hope you’ll like it, and hope i’ll be fine on this likeness exercice. ^^

[horrific_doodle.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘144045’,‘horrific_doodle.jpg’,1,0))

Love that last pedestal things. maybe give each face on it a different expression.

Thanks for the comment. :slight_smile: Good idea, maybe i could do it on another one.

Here is a 30mn sketch from a polycube. At firt i had in mind a horrific face of some kind of mutant fish, but while sculpting i saw the beginning of a cartoony face, so i get the opportunity to do something different from my usual work.
I like to think about him like a kind of severe instructor or something like that.

[cartoonguy.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘161005’,‘cartoonguy.jpg’,1,0))
Hope you’ll like it.

Hello zbrushers, happy new year !

It's been a while since i posted something here... Just made this doodle in the night from a polysphere, then mixed several renders with different matcap in photoshop. Hope you'll like it. :)

%3C/font%3E"]
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=234943)

A “quickie”, 1h30 for zbrush sculpting from a polysphere + 30mn of photoshop.
Let me know what you think.
[multieye_comp.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]
multieye_comp.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A[ATT=235184)

One hour ZBrush + few minutes of matcap blend in Photoshop.

skeletal_comp.jpg

Night doodle.

About 1h20.

worm01_comp.jpg

bro i love the design!!! nice!!!

Hey thanks for the reply mate ! :slight_smile: glad you like it.

Nice sketch. :+1:

Hey thanks for the comment Clintus ! :slight_smile:

Here’s another one, around 2 hours. Hope you’ll dislike it =]

armless_b_comp.jpg

Attachments

armless_a_comp.jpg

think you should give this last one more work. particularly working more on the feet. it realyl deserves effort, because the concept is fantastic. I also like the composition reduction to only one color red. it’s scary and pitiful at the same time.

Agree with Julian, really nice piece, it has pathos, like a statement on the tragedy of man’s violent nature (and to that ‘end’ the phallic torso is totally appropriate)… very cool piece and i like the compositional proportions too

Hey guys, many thanks for the replies ! I’m really happy to see comments from great artists like you two. =)
@ Julian_K: Yeah the feet are really not finished since i did it at work, going quite after my lunch break :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll finish them first while trying to stay “sketchy”, but i think i’ll try to finish it with skin details and so on.
@ RawSunlight: I like your interpretation of my modest piece =) At first it was a old pencil sketch, maybe from 2002 or 2003 and i thougt it could be a good zbrush sketch. I was trying to create a kind of “Silent Hill-esque” creature.
Glad you like it, i might also do a female version. =]

yeah, raw-sunlight nailed the story of it :slight_smile: that’s why its fully of pitty and scare at the same time.

A small update on this guy, corrected the feet and tweak some areas just a little.

armless_c_comp.jpg