ZBrushCentral

Heavy Metal Poster

I didn’t want to totally copy the origional image. Happy just to sculpt it. So here is a comp with a different backgroung and lighting.

[attach=143504]Taarna_rend13.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Taarna_rend13.jpg

I really love this! What a killer render of Tarrnna Any chance of getting a larger size copy of this? Just awesome!

Hey, thanks!! With decimation master, I think I’ll be using an external renderer. So I’ll have bigger more detailed renders soon. I find that I have to slow down and not be in a rush to render. Get the sculpt right first!!

Great work man! :+1:

This one is not easy.Every subtool interacts with the other one and I’ve got to work on capturing their expressions.

[attach=144162]Rus_prog.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Rus_prog.jpg

Yeah… looks tricky. But it’s coming along nicely. So far so good. :slight_smile:

The HM poster turned out alright. Although still I think it would look really cool if you got all the bits and bobs that come with a separate render package.

But in general… good work!:+1:

MX

Cheers matey, I can get hold of V-ray and a mate of mine has a 3d printer. I still have some experimenting to do with the zbrush render. Gonna try GDI lighting next. Have you tried it?

Nope… Just had to open ZB and see what you was talking about. From what it says in the mouse over info… it sounds like it’s much like HDRI sphere. Although doesn’t that only work with non-MatCap materials?

Yeah that’s right. You make an image/render of a sphere with main light missing and “draw” in all your lighting and rim lights ect. You can also have your own shapes as specular lights. Put you GDI light spheres and specular shapes in the GDI as textures in the Basic material.
Give it a go!!

Just a quick toon that I want to finish by the end of the day. I love the pose.

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[attach=145043]Lolly_1 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Lolly_1 copy.jpg

Working on 2 projects. So I’ll post both and get em done next week.

[attach=145109]Sgrell_WIP.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Sgrell_WIP.jpg

Looking good. I’m trying to put my finger on any tips I can give you. All I can think of it to use the flatten brush on an intensity of around 12 to smooth out some of the angles of the creases. Good way of getting kinks in fabric as well.

Thanks for that. I find I’ll have to retop the fabric to get the edge flow right also.

Hi y’all, there is alot of flies in my studio. Sculpting with one hand, swatting with the other. Thought I’d try a manga style cartoony babe. What do you think?

[attach=145757]Lolly_comp_1 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Lolly_comp_1 copy.jpg

Nice work here. Your Russian painting sculpt has plenty of emotion. Your lollipop manga character looks good as well. The only thing I would have to say about her is that her eyes look more creepy then cute. Not sure if that is what your going for.

I do like the pose though.

Thanks for the crit dude, I do need to fix the eyes. I was going for cute but lost my way sculpting late into the night.

I’ve been playing around with the Hypershot demo. It’s very fast but expensive. I dunno if I can afford it.

[attach=146040]HyperRender.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

HyperRender.jpg

I think the eyes look better here. Always got to get the face and hands to looks good.

[attach=146108]Lolly_comp_2 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Lolly_comp_2 copy.jpg

The eyes do look better. But the eyebrows make her look a little devious.

Brings back memories, looking nice makes me want to watch the movie now