ZBrushCentral

Heavy Metal Poster

Hi folks,

Here’s my entry to a comp on 3dtotal.com. They provided a basebesh and you’ve got 8 hours to make a dragon. I forgot how far you can push a mesh before you have to do a re-top.

[attach=140170]Drag_pose.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Drag_pose.jpg

Great job! Everything is looking really nice and clean. If I could make any suggestions it would be to exaggerate her feminine proportions some more. :smiley:

i wouldve liked to see more muscle on your female characters’ legs

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the crits. It’s hard to match the perspective of the picture but I may just leave it as a low res sculpt.

[attach=140898]Taarna_rend12.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Taarna_rend12.jpg

This is what I’m working on at the moment. A tongue in cheek swashbuckling scene with lots of action.

[attach=140904]swash1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash1.jpg

Update before I add some colour.

[attach=141903]Quidam_Taarna_1 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Quidam_Taarna_1 copy.jpg

Getting all the bits together and playing with the colours and lighting

[attach=142075]swash3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash3.jpg

Like the anatomy, and the hair! Awesome sculpt, do you plan on doing other band posters?

Man this is pure awesomeness ! ! !
Your work is great, cant wait to see the Heavy Metal poster finished ! ! !

Thanks dude, It’s a film poster for a really terrible 1980’s animation

Trying to render only in z brush and photoshop

[attach=142157]swash2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash2.jpg

Details and props

[attach=142158]swash1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash1.jpg

I really have to practise rendering in zbrush and photoshop. Here I have worked on the characters and props some more.

[attach=142311]swash4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash4.jpg

Yeah!! looks fantastic brother!

More zbrush and photoshop comps.Playing around with what’s possible and making an illustration I guess.

[attach=142919]swash5.jpg[/attach]

[attach=142920]Comp_2 copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

swash5.jpg

Comp_2 copy.jpg

More monk comp.

[attach=142935]Monk_ copy.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Monk_ copy.jpg

Looking good, dude. I’m not one for rendering stuff in Zbrush although I’ve seen some very nice images around. I find it a bit clunky especially when it comes to rim lighting and the fact that you can’t change the colour of the shadows. Also… no SSS. That said, I do like the Monk and Eastman style images. Nice colours.

MX

Cheers mate, I do actually have a how to render in zbrush tutorial and it shows that you can get some pretty good results but I’m just doing trial an error renders before I actually learn it properly besides I don’t want realism I’m looking for a style of render that I like.
Good to see you posting again!!

Here I have started on a new project that I think will make for a great sculpture. I’m getting all the subtools together and I’m lookink forward to doing the folds on their clothes.

[attach=143277]Comp_1.jpg[/attach]

[attach=143278]repin2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Comp_1.jpg

repin2.jpg

I can’t wait until you color this! Soooo Coooool!