ZBrushCentral

Having problems with layers

hey guys, still pretty new to zbrush and i keep learning…
anyhow my project is typical human body with marks painted with colors (rgb only), however when i add a new layer and finish paint it, as soon as i hide to see other layers it dissappers.
it seems like the layer i painted exist but invisible, the only layer i can still make invisible and back to visible is the first layer i painted.
help will be much, much appreciated

Hello @Dr_Share

Sorry I missed your post! This is a subforum dedicated to an outdated version of ZBrush. Please upgrade to the most recent version of ZBrush if you have not done so, and in the future post in the main help forum. Your question may escape notice otherwise.

Polypainting on Layers appears to work as expected for me in zb 2021.1.1. If you have not upgraded to the most recent version of the program, please do so. Earlier versions of the program may be missing fixes.

Note the following image. I have filled my model with a base color prior to painting on the individual layers. Make sure the layers are in recording mode in order to record the polypaint. Make sure no Texture is active.

The layers all show up together or individually, depending on which layers are toggled to visible. Notice that each subsequent layer in the order overlaps the paint underneath. In the final image no paint is visible despite all layers being toggled on. This is because the final layer is painted with color that matches the base color of the mesh.

If this is not your experience in the the current version of the program, please try to document your process as well as possible with screenshots, and we’ll take a look at it.

Good luck!