ZBrushCentral

Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen) - Spidey Senses

Open for feedbacks/critiques!

A personal project I’ve been working on for a while. Didn’t have a concept in mind, so it was kind of a grueling process of figuring out the outfit, pose, style of the face, etc. But the main purpose was to learn a handful of programs I had little experience in.
Never really used XGen, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer (just basic shirts/sweaters/pants) much up before this, so I thought it would be great to have a fun personal project to incorporate them heavily. Zbrush being the central program (until render time )and learning the workflow between those programs took a bit.

Also learned more about Arnold about how to properly create render passes (AOVs), spitting lights up into render passes, and optimizing working with Arnold in Maya. Another program I learned was Affinity Photo, a photoshop alternative that actually can edit 32Bit renderpasses better than Photoshop. It easily replaces Photoshop completely for me after this (unless a client requires photoshop).

I will try to have a more in-depth breakdown and workflow charts for my next project, as I’m still learning it a bit more.
Free shoelace brush I used for this project
Link: https://gum.co/CXmvVz

19 Likes

Really great work. Very cool to just dive into programs that aren’t in your wheelhouse. Looks like it’s paying off for sure.

1 Like

Very nicely done! Great character

1 Like

Thanks Michael!

I’ve been lucky to have a lot of free time to do so. Thanks for the compliments, I hope to keep improving!

Love the detail, even down to the vans logo! Great Gwen scene :clap: :spider:

1 Like

Great character! I love her expression. Thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like

I was on the brink of my energy level for the project and that was one of the final details I added before finally moving on and rendering it, haha. Thanks a ton Kyle!

How could I get the stl file to print it?