ZBrushCentral

GOZ to Maya welds UVs

Hi guys,
Lately I’ve been experiencing a weird issue with Goz and Maya. Basically when I send my model using GOZ to Maya, the border UVs get merged for some reason effectively corrupting the UV. Exporting an OBJ file from Zbrush to Maya leaves the UVs untouched so this only happens when using GOZ to send the file to Maya. I’m using Maya 2019, and Zbrush 2020.1.3. I’ve tried reinstalling everything but with no luck.
Here is a GIF showing a comparison between GOZ uv and OBJ Uvs in Maya.

1 Like

Hello. Yes, I have the same issue. I’d also like to add that the mesh sent from ZBrush to Maya using GoZ has unmerged UVs. After sending it to Maya, everything looks merged, but when you save the scene in Maya and load it again, your UVs become unmerged. Every single polygon on the UV map is separated. This is very annoying and makes GoZ useless in production pipelines.Alternatively you can use .obj exporter to avoid this problems, but GoZ help us to speed up our workflow.

Please help us and fix this tool!

Here you can see the scene with a pillow exported from ZBrush to Maya using GoZ. The scene was loaded in Maya again, and all UV coordinates are unmerged.

Thank you!