ZBrushCentral

GOR - The goblin pirate

this is breathtaking work! I saw a few more of your sculpts in your wip thread, you definitely have a nice distinct style going on over there that has your signature written all over it! Are you going into HD mode to do all those details?

How’s about a tutorial on how you came up with the BG and post worked it out altogether in photoshop…

Amazing work! Looking forward to see more poses and different angle of this stunning character!
Fantasitic Details!

Amazing piece of work.
Patience you have :slight_smile:

Best regards,

This is crazy awesome. Love the detail. I find myself looking over it a lot to see what else i can find. Love the skull boot, very nice touch. Do you have a wire frame render? You are very talented, do you have any tutorials of this project or something similar? I’m learning Zbrush and I’m struggling a little bit going back and fourth between programs. I would love to know the software pipeline you used, like modeled in max, sculpted in Zbrush, etc. Did you use any of the Zplugs like UV master or Decimator ? Again great work!!

Personally I’m really enjoying the color scheme on this model. Its very appropriate. Very nice spin that you put on the goblin race, too.

PLEASE make this into a movie.

Some company should make kids shoes that look like that boot! How cool would that be? (Fake toes would be part of the boot.)

Amazing attention to detail!!! Great final image to top it all off, great stuff!!

Excelent work and great image!! Maybe too much details added but well done.
Congrats for the top row!

Cheers

Justi.

I was impressed with fine detailing!
great work! :+1:

Awesome!Nice work!:+1: :+1: :+1:

Holy ****! More detail probabley is not possible.

Whats the entire polycount?

And how many hours of work?

I love this, especially the render on the less-busy background. I am a wow fan too so I totally get your inspiration. Yay Booty Bay. Well-deserved top row, mate.

Hi everyone… thank you for your comments :slight_smile:

sorry for few days without my activity and replys to your answers - quite busy at work with deadline etc…

to your questions - did few screenshots from max and zbrush + some light setups screens for you.

about my work pipeline - i think its pretty usual and similar to everyones other pipeline:
1)base modelling in max,
2)base UVs with Unfold3D(makes this process pretty fast and with less pain)
3)sculpt with Zbrush
4)fix UVs with UV master - to avoid UV stretches etc
5)rendering displacement maps and normal maps - displacement map for major geometry deformation and normal maps from subD lvl 4 (+ -) for geometry details
6)export geometry into max
7)lights,shaders…

for goblin i changed act 6 - i didnt used base geometry for final rendering,but decimated geo with Decimation master to keep all possible details and a bigger chance to render whole image in high resolution withou crashing cause of displacements

First screen is a polycount answer - goblin BODY model(no weapons) is made from 22SubTools and 78.531.268 polys

Second screen from max:

3rd screen Lighting setup:

chest armor shader screen

[chest_armor_shader1.jpg[/attach]–>"]](lighting.jpgmax_polycount.jpgpolycount.jpgchest_armor_shader1.jpg

Attachments

lighting.jpg

chest_armor_shader1.jpg

wow, thats huge

Thanks for taking the time to explain your workflow and post screen-grabs. Very helpful…especially some of your MR settings.

The decimate with preserved UV’s is a great idea for Max rendering. I thought of this too for Max renders…since normal-maps on a base mesh is great for games or real-time rendering, but the Decimate lets you hold a lot more detail for high-poly, high-rez renders without killing Max. :wink: Well done!

Let me guess, you play a Goblin in wow? :lol:

haha :slight_smile: no wow goblin gaming :slight_smile: spent enough time in this universe :slight_smile: time to rock some CG again :slight_smile:

Did u become so good by education or self-inductation?

Matzi - self education for 11 years :slight_smile: no CG courses in my country like gnomon etc…

So u don´t work in game business or something?

What workstation (PC) do u use? Processor/RAM/Grafic Card?

Sorry, that are my last questions^^